what speakers to use for louder vocal?

72camaro

got my HCCA 122 installed running off my Power Acoustik D1-6000D and i love it killer bass, but now im in need of upgrading my 6.5's because the sub is so powerfull the bass has now drowned out the sound of the vocals coming from the 6.5's, so whats best to use for vocals, 2ways, 3ways, or just big tweeters? any recommendation on certain brands or specific speakers would be great, would like to get some good quality speakers with out spending an arm and a leg i am also going to possibly be wiring them to an amp

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
got my HCCA 122 installed running off my Power Acoustik D1-6000D and i love it killer bass, but now im in need of upgrading my 6.5's because the sub is so powerfull the bass has now drowned out the sound of the vocals coming from the 6.5's, so whats best to use for vocals, 2ways, 3ways, or just big tweeters? any recommendation on certain brands or specific speakers would be great, would like to get some good quality speakers with out spending an arm and a leg i am also going to possibly be wiring them to an amp
Components for the 6.5" opening. Pioneer, Infinty and ALpine all have sub $300 units that are good.

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
Not wiring them to an amp is your problem, along with the fact you need to turn your sub down so its not drowing anything out.

Seriously, a stereo is only as powerful as its weakest components and weakest points. Basically think of your speakers like tits: You wouldn't want a chick to get breast implants and one of them is an A Cup and the other to be a D would you? For them to be worth a shit, you want them to be equal.

Basically, amp all that shit.

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
1 way mids. You don't want to put a ton of power through multi speakers. Build separates. With the bases you are running you need 4 mids an 4 tweeters with crossovers handling at least 600 watts between them for balence.

You want to pair them 4 cross overs a mid and a tweeter on each. Two pair in back and two pair in front. Mount the tweeters high.

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
1 way mids. You don't want to put a ton of power through multi speakers. Build separates. With the bases you are running you need 4 mids an 4 tweeters with crossovers handling at least 600 watts between them for balence.

You want to pair them 4 cross overs a mid and a tweeter on each. Two pair in back and two pair in front. Mount the tweeters high.
The front stqge matter more. I wouldn just throw some crap speakers in the back. Up front a nice set of components and an amp to power them. Guy i know just out Focals up front inn his genesis with a Jl audio amp. Sounds delicous.

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
^ Who said anything about crap speakers?

I was thinking Polk Audio DXI 6500 componets.

Last edited:

72camaro

thanks for all the input i really do wanna do things wright, i mean ive already invested close to 1k on the Low's (HCCA 12'' sub and amp) and might as well go through and do everything else just as good again thanks for shining light on the subject for me guys

Lucasoil4u

Run components. Try to either a. play with tweeter placement. or b. keep the tweeter within 8 inches of the mid.