What is the best wheel polish for metal wheels?

Discussion in 'Car Cleaning & Detailing' started by Jared, Mar 31, 2011.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Mar 31, 2011 #1

Jared

Jared

Jared

I have 3 huge events this weekend and I am spending all night tonight preparing the car. I want the wheels to be amazing. I have not polished out the lips on my wheels in a while and I want to buy some good stuff at the store to really put in the elbow grease tonight.

Anyone have good experience with a specific product?

2. Mar 31, 2011 #2

Killermaro

Killermaro

Killermaro

King Retard of Stupid

Meguirs synthetic only. Its the only thing I use on my car and the only thing I will recommend.

Now there are two types.

One is a pink looking clay type stuff. Its ok.

The real deal is the cotton type stuff. You rub in a good layer on the wheels. Let dry for a minute then wipe clean with a micro fiber towel only. Then with a clean micro fiber towel go back over said wheel and buff it to shine.

Also next time you have brake dust on your wheel rub you finger lightly over the dust and watch it come off leaving your wheel shiny like you just polished it.

Just come look at my wheels after I have cleaned them and you will see.

/thread

3. Mar 31, 2011 #3

Jared

Jared

Jared

Um.

No offense, but I didnt know you were in to cleaning your cars. All the ones I have seen you drive had such bad body damage, rust, or missing paint that I would not imagine you would be concerned with polishing out aluminum wheels. If you have any pics of the wheels after being polished, I would love to see.

I am looking for these kind of results.

[​IMG]

4. Mar 31, 2011 #4

Ike Turner

Ike Turner

Ike Turner

AWESOME

5. Mar 31, 2011 #5

David21

David21

David21

SLOW

Master formula metal gloss and master formula sealer gloss.

Best stuff I have ever used and last for atleast a year. After you apply them you just rinse with water and wipe the wheels off with a cloth and they shine like they were just polished everytime

6. Mar 31, 2011 #6

hight3chredneck

hight3chredneck

hight3chredneck

I has a mullet

Well, i know my dad buys http://www.californiacustom.com/testimonials2.html this purple stuff. I personally can polish anything with it. Wait for a couple minutes, than buff off the layer and wallah, you get a nice sexy shine you always wanted. After we got this stuff at my house i never really bothered with anything else.

7. Mar 31, 2011 #7

David21

David21

David21

SLOW

8. Mar 31, 2011 #8

FoxRider9096

FoxRider9096

FoxRider9096

the master formula works great its all i use on my truck!

9. Mar 31, 2011 #9

hight3chredneck

hight3chredneck

hight3chredneck

I has a mullet

haven't heard of this master formula stuff, where can you get it?

10. Mar 31, 2011 #10

JKD

JKD

JKD

Retired Asshole.

Jared, this is a post from my good friend Kevin. The guy is 10x worse (better lol) than I am about cleaning and detailing. Almost everything I have learned I got from him. His car has won more awards than shows you have attended. He's a master at it. :)

[​IMG][/center]

While looking for good sealants for aluminum, Steve at True Forged Wheels did a little research and found that sealant company Zoopseal is no longer in business. Zoopseal was the sealant of choice for those trying to protect the finish on the polished bare metal parts of their cars.
    He talked to the former owner and found out that they started a new business called "Shine Seal" ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products :::
    They sent me a kit so I could try it and give my feedback.
    Here's my use and review on my True Forged Polished Victories.
    Here's what I received.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Master Kit comes with the following. Brite Shine Metal Polish, Shine Seal Bio Cleaner, Shine Seal Metal Sealer, and Slick Finish.
    [​IMG]
    I first polished my wheel with Brite Shine Metal Polish.
    [​IMG]
    Once the wheel is polished, you use 1 oz of Bio Cleaner w/ 16oz of water.
    [​IMG]
    Once mixed with water, I used a spray bottle and sprayed it on the wheel.
    [​IMG]
    Then I used a clean "Lint Free" cloth to wipe it off to prepare the surface for the sealer.
    [​IMG]
    Next up comes the Metal Sealer. I used a clean cloth to apply it and let it dry. The Metal Sealer goes on kind of like Rain-X does on glass.
    [​IMG]
    Then I wiped it off with a clean microfiber towel.
    [​IMG]
    The final step was to use the Slick Finish. (It is kind of like a wax to protect and shine after the Sealer)
    [​IMG]
    I applied it with a clean microfiber and removed it with another clean microfiber.
    Here are the results. Protected wheels that feel "Slick" to the touch and feel a lot less porous.
    As you can see, the sealer does not affect the shine. :coolman:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps some of you looking for a good wheel sealant for Aluminum wheels. (Although it works on ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL, BRASS, AND COPPER)[/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.
  11. Mar 31, 2011 #11

JKD

JKD

JKD

Retired Asshole.

12. Mar 31, 2011 #12

David21

David21

David21

SLOW

13. Mar 31, 2011 #13

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키

Are your wheels even a mirror polish? I don't recall taking a good look at your wheels, but I've had various polished lip wheels and some just weren't smooth to begin with and others were practically mirror.

14. Apr 1, 2011 #14

Killermaro

Killermaro

Killermaro

King Retard of Stupid

Don't judge my wheels to the rest ofd the car. Yes my paint is shit, but its 5 times better than when I firest got it. My wheels are the only part of my car that is in great condition so I try to keep them as nice as possible. I will be cleaning them Monday and ill take some pics for you.

As for that shine kit I want to try that stuff.

Btw I work at a car wash and I have a number of regulars that request our meguirs wheel polish and I always get told its the best stuff they have seen. Ill bet none of them have heard of some of the products mentioned here, but it is still a great product.

15. Apr 1, 2011 #15

s10tuner86

s10tuner86

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz

^ First** now that, that's outta the way. The only metal polish I've had experience with is that flitz crap, and do yourself the favor and stay away. Our company sells it and I was curious and it didn't turn out well to say the least, and that wanna be powerball rip off is junk and gets torn apart in seconds.

16. Apr 1, 2011 #16

Jared

Jared

Jared

[/QUOTE]

Outstanding post. This is exactly the level of results and quality I was looking for.

17. Aug 23, 2011 #17

jimmyzeet

jimmyzeet

jimmyzeet

For my CCW polished wheels I love Adam's polishes. I use Metal Polish #2 with either a Mother's powerball or a little elbow grease. To seal the wheel I put a coat of Rejex on every couple months.

18. Nov 4, 2011 #18

MichaelPayne

MichaelPayne

MichaelPayne

Robotic Wheel Polish

I got rid of buying a wheel polish, cleaning my wheels with soap, brushing sensitive parts and all day’s wheel polishing effort by ordering robotic polishing equipment from vischeck.net. Its convenient, easy to use handle and it can perform all the tasks with a class. So ill recommend you guys for this one time investment and you’ll never be disappointed. Do check this out

19. Nov 8, 2011 #19

Jared

Jared

Jared

If this post was made by a bot, it is one of the most advanced I have seen yet.

20. Feb 14, 2012 #20

BORINCANO787

BORINCANO787

BORINCANO787

RKC's Number One Idiot