Update on my bronco

Discussion in 'Mustangs & Fords' started by BURNSURVIVOR725, Apr 16, 2013.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Apr 16, 2013 #1

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

Petrol engineer failure

early in october i bulled the top off for the cooler weather

[​IMG]

then 10 days later it suffered a catastrophic transmission failure due to my shenanigans.

getting pulled home by the chevy i had to go rescue

[​IMG]

thats how ATF is supposed to look like right? you could stir it with a magnet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was told by my neighbor who is an automotive teacher the bigger chunks are whats left of the planetary gears

[​IMG]

so there it sat until i could get the money around to fix it, then it took a month to track down an E4OD with a 12 pin valve body connector. my dad tracked one down in kokomo so he met me in indy this weekend to give it to me

[​IMG]

it came out of a '91 F150 with 90,000 miles on it. the red tag on the bell is a jasper rebuild tag. hopefully its a recent rebuild, i need to call JET and see if they can give me any info on it.

[​IMG]

as long as i get the few parts i need by friday morning me and a bunch of friends are going to put it in this weekend. im excited to get it rolling again.

2. Apr 16, 2013 #2

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

Favorite body style bronco. Got any plans for it after the trans or are you just just play with it as is?

3. Apr 16, 2013 #3

Driftboy1989

Driftboy1989

Driftboy1989

Nice man! Good luck with your plans!

4. Apr 16, 2013 #4

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

Petrol engineer failure

Im going to enjoy it for a few weeks then try and sell it to put towards my education. if i cant sell it i will either try and trade it for a dual sport bike or just keep it. its a lot of fun but i cant really afford to feed it all the time.

Thanks!

5. Apr 27, 2013 #5

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

BURNSURVIVOR725

Petrol engineer failure

have had quite a few unforeseen setbacks getting it back together but its very close to being done. it moved under its own power tonight for the first time in 6 months. it would have been drivable tonight but a rear steel brake line let go. luckily it failed while stationary in my garage instead of while going down the road.