The NJ Whatever Thread.

ProjectBlitz

Did you post it in the other thread? I stopped going to it... They're alright, not exactly my cup of tea. I've been listening to Closure In Moscow a LOT the past week.

Z0sick

seriously.....

So as people know I've been going nuts every night after work, working into the night detaling my car. I've invested 22 hours already in 1 week alone detailing it to get ready for sunday. I leave the garage, and go straight to Cheesequake rest stop gas station for gas and what happens...........?

SOME BITCH BACKS INTO MY CAR, even though I was laying on my horn. We were in line for the pumps, and both of us were sitting still for minutes. I really didn't want to deal with that shit on the way to a meet, and just in general. (she's lucky that she lightly scuffed an area of my bumper that was already scuffed because of the exact same thing....) I would've gotten her insurance info, but then I'd have to argue with her insurance to repaint my front bumper...and I know they'd try to weasle out of it by saying...oh it's not bad, it's barely noticeable....we'll just get it touched up. NO FUCK YOU, YOU'RE REPAINTING THE WHOLE BUMPER, LICENSE PLATE COVER, AND BLENDING INTO THE HOOD AND FENDERS AND HEAD LIGHT COVERS.

I really didn't feel like dealing with that aggrivation, and just said don't bother. I can probably buff most of it out, and to be honest probably won't be noticeable to anyone but myself, but it still pisses me the fuck off.

Literally 30 minutes after wiping off the wax, and someone backs up into my car........FML......

hulkster

that sucks. didnt get a real good look at your car yesterday.mostly hung out with the guys from newcelica but it was nice meeting you.heres a quick pic of my car that i didnt bring. just bought window motor from nissan. 280 bucks. ugh and been playing with latch all day trying to get hood even and to lock / still have to black out the tails and want to paint some of the hood black

Last edited:

09vdubgti

Yesterday, I was driving to the bodega and I get to the light and I think I fell in love for a second when I saw one of the cutest girls i've seen in a while driving a speed 3. She actually made that car look good lol.

Black Thunder

reppin RKC in NJ ;)
FML...while driving to Cherry Hill yesterday from PA the brake pad shot out of the car while i was goin 65mph! needless to say i initially had no brakes then it was just metal against metal which hurt like crazy when braking. i'm just glad i made it home, time for some new pads.

Z0sick

damn, how does a brake pad just "fall out"? that's crazy. Glad you made it home alright.Time for a new rotor, and possibly caliper pistons

Black Thunder

reppin RKC in NJ ;)
honestly i dont know how it just fell out...it seriously happened while i was driving. there were no indications that it was coming loose or anything which was just weird. there was clanging then next thing i know i look in the side mirror and saw it fly onto the road. but yea i may as well get everything fixed now

Z0sick

it just doesn't make sense. Even if you didn't reuse the little retaining clips, there just isn't enough clearance for the pad to fall out between the caliper piston and rotor. Were your pads really really low? The only thing I can think of is you wore them down thru the material and only the backing plate remained which MIGHT have been thin enough to fall out thru the clearance between piston and rotor...but even that is still unlikely with a floating caliper...unless the sliding pins were jammed