Taxes to Bury The Axis - Donald Duck 1943

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
Did you seem to forget that ALL media made between 1939-1945 was propaganda?

You do know we were fighting a war right? You know wars cost money right?

J

Jared

Propaganda?

It makes sense to me!

We had a war to fight. The Nazi's were the bad guys, enemies of freedom and democracy... and spending money on junk instead of war-taxes to help the American war effort is indeed hurting funding...

So yeah... taxes to bury the axis. Makes sense to me. Wars have to be won, and sometimes you have to use tools to do it. :)

Kevek

Propaganda?

It makes sense to me!

We had a war to fight. The Nazi's were the bad guys, enemies of freedom and democracy... and spending money on junk instead of war-taxes to help the American war effort is indeed hurting funding...

So yeah... taxes to bury the axis. Makes sense to me. Wars have to be won, and sometimes you have to use tools to do it. :)
I'm not arguing about the message, just making an observation.

In case you were some how confused about the definition....

Propaganda: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

And in case you wanted to rhyme something with propaganda... giant panda.

J

Jared

So, there can be true & positive propaganda. The word seems to have a negative connotation.

Kevek

So, there can be true & positive propaganda. The word seems to have a negative connotation.
People seem to call the opposing media used to support an issue, propaganda.
The negativeness really depends on the side of the issue you support.

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
Propaganda?

It makes sense to me!

I think war should be an absolute last resort and don't support war unless its completely necessary. If I had come of age back then, I would have been one of the first to sign up.

World War II was a necessary war. I don't many people born after WWII can truly comprehend how much the course of human history would have changed had the Nazis won. Most of this site's memberbase simply wouldn't have existed had the Nazis won.

We need to do that today.. We are at war..

The PR department needs to be more ACTIVE
Ummm....no. The war on terror is not even close to the seriousness of what WWII was. Thousands of people died over the past seven years on grounds which were not only questionable but illegal.

avsp

L 344 R 492
Yes, thats what these wars need isn't it, ..., a yet greater shill-ing effort?, ..., coz clearly that is what is 'wrong'. The fact that they are widely perceived as having been 'improperly' shill-ed in the first place has absolutely no bearing at all on public perception. I'll leave it to others to play spot the sarcasm, should they so wish.

avsp

L 344 R 492
Its not a 'total war' like WWI & II, ..., it has a significant WHAM element. Domestic public support is extremely unlikely to be increased by any pentagon backed PR effort coz Bush/PNAC have already fatally 'queered the pitch'.

avsp

L 344 R 492
Here's an interesting fingy, ...,the pass into A'stan thats been closed by the Pakistani authorities, ..., what's it called?

avsp

L 344 R 492
Rico: oddly no, try again. Just now, for the first time in over a week my TV has used the historically usual term that carries huge 'negative' baggage.

Mr. Turtle

Big WarS
I think war should be an absolute last resort and don't support war unless its completely necessary. If I had come of age back then, I would have been one of the first to sign up.

World War II was a necessary war. I don't many people born after WWII can truly comprehend how much the course of human history would have changed had the Nazis won. Most of this site's memberbase simply wouldn't have existed had the Nazis won.

Ummm....no. The war on terror is not even close to the seriousness of what WWII was. Thousands of people died over the past seven years on grounds which were not only questionable but illegal.

Says who? You? Please prove it was illegal! Thats your opinion whether the threat is real there were plenty of Americans that did not want a war in Europe or against the Axis. Pearl harbor is the only reason.

Less people died on Pearl harbor than on 911 yet somehow its less of a threat? I wish I was smoking what you are. The threat is far greater today internally against our society..

Yea theres no threat yet somehow tens of thousands have died and attacks occur all over the globe for a similar cause. Attacks are thwarted constantly. Over 32 attacks on the USA alone have been thwarted since 911 here.

Other attacks have succeeded across the globe all in the name of the Same mission..War never changes people just want to use different terms but its still a conflict its still war, Its propaganda, its military, its diplomatic, its anything and everything to win.. Our enemies attack us and attack us and we do nothing..

The Taliban even stated that they wont stop till the world is Islam there form of it.

The principal stated aims of al-Qaeda are to drive Americans and American influence out of all Muslim nations, especially Saudi Arabia; destroy Israel; and topple pro-Western dictatorships around the Middle East. Bin Laden has also said that he wishes to unite all Muslims and establish, by force if necessary, an Islamic nation adhering to the rule of the first Caliphs.

People said there was no Threat and 911 occurred
Madrid
London
Bali
Beslan
Moscow

etc etc

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
Says who? You? Please prove it was illegal! Thats your opinion whether the threat is real there were plenty of Americans that did not want a war in Europe or against the Axis. Pearl harbor is the only reason.
Bush declared war without congress' approval. THAT is what made it illegal.

Less people died on Pearl harbor than on 911 yet somehow its less of a threat? I wish I was smoking what you are. The threat is far greater today internally against our society..
Where did I say anything about Pearl Harbor? Don't skirt the fact that MILLIONS died in WWII. WWII was a necessity and America was going to be involved whether Pearl Harbor happened or not.

Yea theres no threat yet somehow tens of thousands have died and attacks occur all over the globe for a similar cause. Attacks are thwarted constantly. Over 32 attacks on the USA alone have been thwarted since 911 here.
Again, MILLIONS died in WWII. The war being fought now is mostly between the hypocrite West and the Hypocrite Middle East. Guerrilla groups are part of the war on terror, Nazis were a technologically advanced military.

Other attacks have succeeded across the globe all in the name of the Same mission..War never changes people just want to use different terms but its still a conflict its still war, Its propaganda, its military, its diplomatic, its anything and everything to win.. Our enemies attack us and attack us and we do nothing..

The Taliban even stated that they wont stop till the world is Islam there form of it.

The principal stated aims of al-Qaeda are to drive Americans and American influence out of all Muslim nations, especially Saudi Arabia; destroy Israel; and topple pro-Western dictatorships around the Middle East. Bin Laden has also said that he wishes to unite all Muslims and establish, by force if necessary, an Islamic nation adhering to the rule of the first Caliphs.

People said there was no Threat and 911 occurred
Madrid
London
Bali
Beslan
Moscow

etc etc

Bin Laden is dead. It's blatantly obvious. He was having health issues long before 9/11. His image is just used for propaganda.

People didn't think there was a possible threat in Madrid or London? You're kidding right? Those both happened AFTER 9/11. The possibility of an Al Queda attack was probable but was only probable at the time.

If you check your history books, America's involvement in the Middle East has always been inadequate at best. Iran is a ridiculously clear picture of that.