So I bought a Jeep

Dan

Doing 100
So far, I like it.

97 Jeep Cherokee 4x4. 4.0L Straight Six, 4 Spd Auto. Has 76,209 original miles, and everything works on it. My first Jeep, but not my first 4x4. It already has some type of small lift (maybe 2", it's Skyjacker) and some brand new BFG A/T tires. Got a ridiculously good deal on it, and couldn't pass it up.

Going to keep it pretty clean and basic. It will be babied for the most part, unless I decide to make it a toy and get stupid with it.

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
You DoG! My brother looked all over the DFW area for months and months for that exact jeep! He found hundreds but they either had a bazillion miles, wanted a bazillion dollars or had engines or trans that sounded like a clothes dryer full of loose change. In the end he said fuck it and bought a New RAM. Now here you come....

Troy S

Regional Leader
You guys are lucky down there. Any Jeep product over 10 years old is covered in rust up here.

Jeep doesn't do well with the salt here.

Very nice pick up.

Dan

Doing 100
Thanks guys for the compliments. I put new headlights on today (H6054 lamps), drastic improvement. The seal was broken on one of the old ones so it was dim.

Also ran some sea foam through it and put on a new air filter, checked the fluids. Everything looks pretty good. I really thing I'm going to enjoy owning this one. :)

congrats man!
XJ right?
Yes, XJ. Thanks!

Pretty damned sweet, I approve.
Glad I got your stamp of approval, means a lot. :thumbsup:

Fuck keeping it clean!
It'll get dirty, but I'm not going to do anything extreme with it (at least not anytime soon).

BURNSURVIVOR725

Petrol engineer failure
xj's are really cool rides. a good friend of mine has had several. heres a fun fact, to convert one from 4X2 to 4X4 is as easy as bolting stuff on. no special tools or fab work required. the only thing different is you wont have the 4X4 light on the dash.

Dan

Doing 100
xj's are really cool rides. a good friend of mine has had several. heres a fun fact, to convert one from 4X2 to 4X4 is as easy as bolting stuff on. no special tools or fab work required. the only thing different is you wont have the 4X4 light on the dash.
That actually is pretty cool, didn't know it was that easy. Luckily mine is already 4x4 though.

dAMN loW MILES!!!!
Yeah especially for the price I paid. I could sell it for almost double what I paid AFTER I put 40k miles on it. :D

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
happy you got a good deal. those little 4.0's are pretty bulletproof too right?
Apocalypticly bulletproof. It's the AK47 of engines.

Congrats, Dan. Looks like a damn-nice XJ. Tons of life left, too. Mine went 270k miles before anything major died, and even that was only because my brother had been driving it without doing anything to maintain it.

Brando

they are awesome vehicles if you just leave em alone, ive owned a couple and in the end they are almost exactly as they should be from the factory, unless you go wild with em