shameless plug, NOKIA FTW

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Arashi666, Oct 10, 2009.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Oct 10, 2009 #1

Arashi666

Arashi666

Arashi666

The Token Demonic Civic

well the story is Ive been using Nokias for a long while now and I dont think Ill ever change that, no matter how much the hip crowd pushes that Apple gizmo thing, and their loathsome obsession with all that is proprietary (even you iPhone guys have to admit that)

anyways, after a failed firmware update on my E75 (computer died in the middle of the reflash) I looked it all up on Nokia USA and they said if this happens take it to a flagship store, but the closest one is in Chicago, so I said fuck that and submitted a repair request, after a simple bit of online 'paperwork' I get all I need and ship it off to their center in Alabama, I ship it out on the 5th at my local post office, they recieve it on the 8th, fix it that same day and ship it out, 2nd day air compliments of UPS, all under warranty with constant e-Mail updates

this is my 5th Nokia device (4 phones, 1 Internet Tablet), and I see many more in my future, highly recomended to anybody looking for a full featured GSM smartphone that can be used worldwide, or even just a plain jane beater phne for cheap

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. Oct 10, 2009 #2

Bowtie

Bowtie

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND

I have never used anything other then Nokia. I've beat the crap out of them by having fall out of vehicles at 50-60mph with no permanent damage. Hell, barely scratches on the screen in most cases, if that.

3. Oct 10, 2009 #3

Zerocool394

Zerocool394

Zerocool394

#1 swing set mechanic

out of all the phones ive owned the nokia one i had was probably the only one i ever loved. It was ahead of its time when i had it. But it eventually started to fall apart (on the outside) for me and thats when i got another.

right now i have a LG VU and i hate the fucker. the battery on this thing lasts like 6 hours and thats how it came. so im going to have to buy a new one. :mad:

4. Oct 10, 2009 #4

Arashi666

Arashi666

Arashi666

The Token Demonic Civic

I was so in love with my first one (6126), it beat the shit out of my RAZR in features and durability, I was so happy that I thought id step into the NSeries, a friend whos mom worked at Nokia had a N91 that he was selling cheap, I got that, but it didnt last long since it lacked the 850MHz band that ATT uses heavilly, so I sold it off and ended up with an N78, the thing does everything, and I just fell in love with Nokia Smartphones, so much so that im perfectly willing to pay full price for unlocked models, well, its really the only way that you can get them here in america since carriers dont support N or E Series, I forked out a bit over 400 bucks for my latest E75, and I have absolutely NO regrets

I had a Vu after a recent upgrade and renewed contract thing from ATT< I figured free, why not, I traded it in in 3 days to Cartoys for a Samsung Eternity, and I did like that one MUCH better, but after a few weeks of it I REALLY missed having a smartphone, so I slapped my SIM back into the N78 and sold the Eternity to my brother, who also had a Vu but coulnt afford to dump it for an Eternity outright. . . Samsung sits right under Nokia in my mind, since my very first phone was a Samsung that was a damn TANK, that thing could take abuse like none other and was otherwise a damn reliable phone

5. Oct 10, 2009 #5

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키

I finally left the Nokia camp this past December. I got tired of taking like 3 minutes to type a text and the responses coming in like 5 seconds. Not I have an LG and couldn't be happier...well I liked the simplicity of the Rumor, but it was Sprint only. Nokias are great phones, but I just wanted qwerty.

6. Oct 10, 2009 #6

Arashi666

Arashi666

Arashi666

The Token Demonic Civic

^^^ Ive got QWERTY. . . you just need the right Nokia. . . then again said right Nokias are only available to us unlocked and sport a pretty hefty price tag

7. Oct 10, 2009 #7

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키

Yeah I went into the cell phone store a couple years back and told them I wanted a Nokia. I don't need a camera, web browsing, or anything other than a phone that got reception and could text. They looked through their inventory to no avail. I'm still not a phone person, but overall I'm pleased with the LG so far. Then again I don't know how to use most of the features on it. :lol: