Rough Idle on start up

NIGHTSHADE

2005 Srt 4 neon, When I start it up after it has been sitting for a period of more than 4 hours the oil light will come on. If I shut the car off and then turn it back on the oil light will be off but it will have a really rough idle like it has huge cams, and if I give it gas up to 2000rpms for like 3 seconds it will go back to idling normal. Anyone know what this problem is?

NIGHTSHADE

A lot of people said oil pressure sensor but I just wanted to double check. Also found out the cam seals are leaking. This car is cursed, I swear lol

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
Bad ground to the engine block maybe, see if your ground strap to the engine is missing or corroded.

Big Show

RKC Official VP of MN Region
Have you cleaned the tb recently? Could be gunked up with carbon. Usually that's a cold start issue. Clean ur maf sensor too

NIGHTSHADE

It hasnt done it in a few days but the oil light comes on in the mornings still then the rest of the day it stays off

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
What kind of oil? It usually takes a second for oil pressure to come up when it's cold and you might have oil that is to thick on cold start up, or a sticky sensor. I tend to think it is a sensor that sticks when cold.

62Olds

Professional Threadbomber
Star chief is dead for now, got it down to FL and working way to much to work on it sadly