RKC Update?

OneSloZ

Did It For The Lulz
why havnt we updated the site to see if we can get more members that are more active so the site gets back to striving like it did a few years ago? Right now the only real members posting are the orgionals from 06-10 others do come and go on occation but its deff not how it was back a few years ago, it sucks not seeing alot of the old active members who did a lot and i was friends with that i dont talk or hear from anymore idk if im helping at all, just wish we could go back tgo then

Idk if facebook is doing this shit or if it has something to do with something else, i hate how forums are dieing.
|Its really slow here unlike when there was threads going and going and going, and new posts everyday i used to have pages on the new posts page now there isnt more than 10-15 threads a day and thats not includeing maybe a couple new ones and the ones the rkc auto news throws up daily.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to help bring the site back to where it was?

Ive also noticed that DFWSTANGS, ya i know but as busy as it was a year or more ago, its dead, i mean DEAD a post a day if that, and that was one of the busiest forums i looked at mustangs on, and i know several others that have been pulled due to inactiveity.

I love it here and i love all the friends i have come to know and grow with and that have helped me time and itme again with nurmurous things.:thumbsup:

:angry:

NIGHTSHADE

Just need some new topics/projects, not to the point where this becomes facebook but just something to get the ball rolling.

d0uble 0ught SS

Dfwstangs was bought out by a company, that company pissed off most of it's members. One of the members started a similar forum and most still frequent the "new" site. That site and others are still very active. This site has lost it's niche. I liked this forum when it was in its hay day (pre Facebook).

Goodluck!

Ike Turner

I think most people know why RKC has lost appeal. You can only burn so many bridges before you have to swim across the river.

avsp

L 344 R 492
Given the 'reach' of the touted update there'd likely be some 'running in'/'shake out' needed and really it should've been done before the meet season started, ..., but I suppose given the possibility of a shake-out period its best to wait till some coder-type has some scheduled slack-time, ..., ?
I keep getting time outs & '500 internal server' error messages as it is but the screenfull of debug style errmsgs on the livesearch (or was it 'new posts', I forget) have gone, so 'well done' and props to whoever sorted that, my thanks.

Troy S

Regional Leader
Given the 'reach' of the touted update there'd likely be some 'running in'/'shake out' needed and really it should've been done before the meet season started, ..., but I suppose given the possibility of a shake-out period its best to wait till some coder-type has some scheduled slack-time, ..., ?
I keep getting time outs & '500 internal server' error messages as it is but the screenfull of debug style errmsgs on the livesearch (or was it 'new posts', I forget) have gone, so 'well done' and props to whoever sorted that, my thanks.
I have been getting these as well. Thought it was just my slow computer.

avsp

L 344 R 492
The 'time outs' are more frequent on my phone but occasionally I get them at the library too. The '500 internal server' err msgs are more infrequent but I've had them on numerous platforms, browsers, circumstances, machines and locations, but I aint had one for a week or so, so hopefully they've been fixed. They're, according to the errmsg, all logged by your system anyway
If the time-out issue is hosting related then that'd be a reason to stay the update if its anticipated that there'll be extra traffic from fb or whathaveyou. Whats been the experience of other vb boards who've run the enhanced fb linkup fingy, how great a jump in traffic did they experience? (tho, I suppose, such stuff mightn't be that relevant if they dont have multiple large fb 'fanbases' to draw from, ..., perhaps)

avsp

L 344 R 492
And while I remember, there's ten or so bots spamming their own social groups, last I looked, months ago, they'd reached dozens of pages each. I've no idea how great any 'resource drain' they present, but it'll be all the greater if we all rush off right now and load up loads of tabs of their polyglot shilling-isms