RKC Minnesota Leadership Changes

jw_rsx

This all disappointing to be honest. A dollar is a dollar but I always thought it was weird to have a dollar in the first place. I always liked it in past years when NOS was there, at least then I got a free NOS and the dollar was worth it imo. I don't know Tom and only talked with Troy a handful of times, but since they are good friends and if all what is said is to be true, then it still seems shady to me about this whole thing. I think I'll just pass on anymore Monday or paid "meets". They are cool for what they are but I think it's a bit tainted now.

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
The dollar thing will likely continue going forward. There are costs to legitimately maintain an event of this size. Where the issues came in were in one individual not keeping up on the insurance and other items and then taking the money for personal gain while insisting the money was covering the expenses that no longer existed.

Going forward there will once again be an insurance policy to pay for and we myself, Tom, Adam etc have already discussed some ideas of how we can use any additional funds collected to give back to the group as a whole. .

JeremyD

Molon Labe
1st I want to preface this by saying I am in no way condoning the actions of or allegations lodged against the big guy.

Here is my take on the whole "scandal":
The dollar from my understanding was to go to cover the costs incurred by the meet. Insurance, the extras like the porta johns and lights etc... What ever Troy himself deemed necessary.

How the money was managed was only known by a few. My guess is most assumed a 3rd responsible party like a treasurer or such managed the funds, last I spoke to Troy about it (Had to have been at least a year or more ago as he wasn't working for BIR at the time) I got the impression anything above the costs for Insurance and incidentals etc, went into his pocket to cover the out of pocket expenses he's covered for the meet. I was personally fine with this as I never expected anything in return for my dollar.

If they collected money from the attendees under the guise that the funds were going to pay for these services and then they were not, then that is shitty imo.

I know Troy did work his butt off to grow MN, no-one can dispute that. Whether everyone felt he was entitled to the some or all of the cash collected from his efforts is probably debatable.

Honesty would have been the best policy here obviously, but then again, Troy has not come here and disputed any of the claims made by the others. So what we have is only one side of the story. Would be nice for Troy to either own up and apologize for mismanaging funds or dispute it, or even justify where the money went, whether we agree with the use or not.

This isn't a "club", the money given by the attendees was never directly attached to anything I saw in writing about payment for any services or goods promised.

I would also believe that other than the few bucks each person is out and a bit of inconvenience for those who hard to drive elsewhere for bathroom use. No-one was "hurt" by this. I know of no "insurance" claims that weren't paid due to lack of inforce policy so no actual loss was realized.

So Likely unless there was some form of written agreement, its unlikely anything illegal took place.

The lack of response publically on the forum here by the accused does not help those who want to keep an open mind. If Troy wants to be remembered as the guy who ripped everyone off, then he is on the right path to do so. If Troy cares at all about redemption of his name and continued acceptance in the tight knit car world (especially if he continues employment with BIR) a response should be given.

Note to Troy, you should probably get your ass on here and do some explaining...

Last edited:

Skinny Will

Attention..Disorder..Shit
me neither
i mean, i know that if i did something shitty like this i wouldn't want to own up to it either.

but i'm also not the kind of person to put myself into a situation like this anyways.

Slow 6

1st I want to preface this by saying I am in no way condoning the actions of or allegations lodged against the big guy.

Here is my take on the whole "scandal":
The dollar from my understanding was to go to cover the costs incurred by the meet. Insurance, the extras like the porta johns and lights etc... What ever Troy himself deemed necessary.

How the money was managed was only known by a few. My guess is most assumed a 3rd responsible party like a treasurer or such managed the funds, last I spoke to Troy about it (Had to have been at least a year or more ago as he wasn't working for BIR at the time) I got the impression anything above the costs for Insurance and incidentals etc, went into his pocket to cover the out of pocket expenses he's covered for the meet. I was personally fine with this as I never expected anything in return for my dollar.

If they collected money from the attendees under the guise that the funds were going to pay for these services and then they were not, then that is shitty imo.

I know Troy did work his butt off to grow MN, no-one can dispute that. Whether everyone felt he was entitled to the some or all of the cash collected from his efforts is probably debatable.

Honesty would have been the best policy here obviously, but then again, Troy has not come here and disputed any of the claims made by the others. So what we have is only one side of the story. Would be nice for Troy to either own up and apologize for mismanaging funds or dispute it, or even justify where the money went, whether we agree with the use or not.

This isn't a "club", the money given by the attendees was never directly attached to anything I saw in writing about payment for any services or goods promised.

So Likely unless there was some form of written agreement, its unlikely anything illegal took place.
Written agreement? Does this count?

Troy S said:
This 1st meet we will not be asking for $1 donations, but after this week we will be. We will ask for help with costs for lighting, I am looking into lighting as we speak it is something we will need in the next couple weeks as the sun goes down earlier every week. As well as soon we will be covering our own insurance costs.
Troy S said:
To enter the meet we will take a $1 entrance fee. No more donating, it's not fair some always do and others never do.

We will no longer rely on anyone else for insurance etc. We will be completely self sufficient.

The money generated will go towards costs of meets, costs for other events, staff apparel and incentives as well as some to go towards my personal time.
So what incentives or apparel did the volunteers get? And what are the costs of the meet? Did you guys PAY to use a public parking lot?

That was a 5 minute search I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to find more "in writing". Sounds like more went for his "personal time" than anything else. He's a shady fuck and won't take ownership. I hope whatever he has planned fails miserably and his name is tarnished in the Minnesota car community.

Last edited:

JeremyD

Molon Labe
Written agreement? Does this count?

So what incentives or apparel did the volunteers get? And what are the costs of the meet? Did you guys PAY to use a public parking lot?

That was a 5 minute search I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to find more "in writing". Sounds like more went for his "personal time" than anything else. He's a shady fuck and won't take ownership. I hope whatever he has planned fails miserably and his name is tarnished in the Minnesota car community.
Good question. I am reading just what you've found and how it's worded, probably wouldn't hold up under any legal scrutiny but I am an amature at best in legalese so I'd defer to the pros on the board if any such exist.

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
It's not about legality Jeremy. It's about being shady as fuck and not even having insurance (the biggest exspense) and collecting money claiming it was to cover insurance etc.

Just bad business. Then it bloew up when Troy tried to tell Jared to stop using the RKC logos etc and all the other stuff.

JeremyD

Molon Labe
It's not about legality Jeremy. It's about being shady as fuck and not even having insurance (the biggest exspense) and collecting money claiming it was to cover insurance etc.

Just bad business. Then it bloew up when Troy tried to tell Jared to stop using the RKC logos etc and all the other stuff.
Oh I agree, just commenting as it was brought up several times about the "legality" of what he's said to have done.

as for the part about the logos, that is one of the parts I'd like to hear Troy rebut, that to me sounds too off the wall to try and claim copyright to something that has existed longer than Troy was even involved. If indeed he really tried to claim copyright for the name and or logo, then i'd go out on a limb and say he's either mentally ill or he has no brains.

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
My question is if he's gonna try to start up another site like this one and do things the way he wanted to do it
He already had another website with a bunch of RKC people on it. It looked like a carbon copy of the MN section here. Not very active recently though.

SSGZ06

I hate Tom, I will run RKC and manage the money. Straight up, I will use the money to pay my mortgage, just throwing that out there.