RICEKILLER App for iPhone & Android - Now Avaliable for Free Download!

J

Jared

So I got a message for someone today and before responding I closed it. Is there a way to find that message again?
No. Messages are currently not saved.

Well you can mark an exotic sighting, construction, cops... can we do a ricer photo spotting?
Ricer sighting will be added in next update.

I selected not available (Red) but my location is still being broadcasted on the website
Yes. No matter your status, you are broadcast if the app is open and you are logged in. To kill the GPS, manually close the app from the running apps, or disable GPS in the location settings of the settings app.

how do you access the messages?

also, is the webisite always this slow, or is it just because so many people are registering?

a "help" section on the website would be neat, to discuss the depth of different functions and such

it would be nice to be able to add a car meet from the app itself for people on the go/already at the meet, and maybe creat a comment feature, so for example, if were meeting at 8 for the car show, but getting dinner, i can post that, and others can ask questions etc on the car meets page in the app, and others can see
You cannot access messages.

The website was quite slow, but since the time of your post the servers have been increased.

I am building a help section.

Yes, in app event additions will be added in next update. Comments for events as well.

Is this supposed to be real time? One of my friends has this app. He is showing to be at his house in mesquite but he is in north Dallas somewhere.
The app DOES do real time if you have it open and active. If he turned if off, or his phone died, it will broadcast his last updated location for a while.

Yep and X out through muti task function and it's still there as well.
It shows the last updated location for a little while.

Guess that answers my question for live streaming. No go for use on the cruise then.
It does indeed do live streaming. Denali09 used it yesterday to find me (down to the exact parking spot) at Northpark Mall to pick up a pair of sunglasses. Pretty incredible.

Here is the most recent email I sent to Julien, the investor & developer.

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:432866103; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-28695086 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style> Julien,

After several days of use and feedback, I believe I am in a position to put together my wish list of updates and upgraded for the app. This is just for your information. Some of these changes you might even be able to do without an app update.

1. Add Sponsors to the Map. We take sponsors who have shops, and add a permanent marker to the map. You click the marker, and you can see the shops address, number, website, and basic information. I have 60+ sponsors I could add to this feature. As users increase, shops will be looking to use the app for promotion, etc.
2. Add reoccurring events. Many events in DFW happen weekly or monthly. When adding an event, you should be able to select it as reoccurring.
3. Add meets end time. Some events are multiple days. Some events need to specify an end time.
4. Add events within the app. People do not like the website portion of the app. The more features we can move in-app, the better.
5. Add clubs within the app. People do not like the website portion of the app. The more features we can move in-app, the better.
6. Add “Hide my location” Feature. Some people do not understand how to disable the app easily from GPS and are scared of it.
7. Fix grammatical errors on Klutch22 Website. We spell many words different (Like March instead of Marsh). Also, we went to lengths to make the RKC app “American” verbiage, but the Klutch22 website still very obviously has a French/Canadian slant. One solution would be to make an entire mirror site for the RKC version of the app so it all looks the same.
8. Add “ricer” to the reported items. Although reporting an exotic is cool and all, it’s far more funny and entertaining to be able to report a ricer. Same thing as exotic, you can take a pic and tag it to the map. Only its for crappy cars and not cool ones. People would eat this up.
9. Enable multiple vehicles by user. Some users are saying they have many vehicles, and want the app to be able to represent whichever they are in at the time they are using the app.
10. Release the app for Android. Enough said. 300+ people would download it nearly instantly. This is apparently making us miss up to 50% of our potential user-base.
11. More servers. I am hearing many reports of login errors, refresh errors, or location errors. These seem to be completely random and for no apparent reason.

Keep it up. We are doing well in DFW and Minneapolis markets. Hopefully it spreads.

-Jared

Troy S

Regional Leader
Those were all my basic concerns as well Jared. Nice, if they he can adjust the issues, add those features, and get us a driod app, we're golden.

We def don't have as many iphone users as droid users up here. So that will surely help.

MaupinPhoto

After setting up my account on Klutch22.com, the only remaining issue for me is the map fails to update sometimes, which you are working on.

Also, there was a big wreck on LBJ yesterday so I wanted to report it. The closest we have is Road Hazard with a men working icon. A wreck option would be better.

Otherwise, keep up the good work. This will be awesome when it gets to where you are aiming.

J

Jared

After setting up my account on Klutch22.com, the only remaining issue for me is the map fails to update sometimes, which you are working on.

Also, there was a big wreck on LBJ yesterday so I wanted to report it. The closest we have is Road Hazard with a men working icon. A wreck option would be better.

Otherwise, keep up the good work. This will be awesome when it gets to where you are aiming.
Wreck option. Very nice. I will email him.

PS. he is reading all comments and feedback. The app seems to be running pretty stable as of now. I added in around 5 events this morning via the klutch22 website.

elscoto

Get To Da Choppa

yeah I was trying to indicate a wreck on 635 a couple of days ago. It would be nice to give people a real time heads up.

btw, app is really cool

Troy S

Regional Leader
I have 1 more suggestion. Some of the events are a little out of the metro here, if you zoom in close enough to the metro to see event flags, you can't see the others anymore.

Would be cool for the flags to show from a greater distance etc. For instance our drag nights, and bir events, will go unseen because of how far out they are.

Ls1Powerz

Ready To Run
I can help.

I downloaded the app last night on my gf's 3GS and was able to create everything within the phone in about 5 minutes no problem. I wanted to go through the process like any of you would.

Tell me whats going on?

Okay i got to the little 'sign up' button and fill out all the info and this is what pops up in a little red box

Anyone else get this?

Sk8phreak88

To add what Troy said about the flags, I think the same for the vehicles. You have to be so close to the map that you can't see more then a couple miles worth radius.

But I got it installed and actually working last night. Pretty cool I'd have to say.

rwhockey29

Town Bicycle of Car Ownership
sounds like the next update will be much better. overall, pretty happy with the design for the first week being out on the market

i still think being able to access past messages in app would be awesome

J

Jared

App users, make sure you turn this one once a day and check out whats going on. We also need more users to add events to the map via klutch22.com

J

Jared

No. It is there.

You have to have OS version 2.2 or better to run it on android. AKA, a current version of the operating system on a badass droid phone.

Chris D.

Heavily Medicated
No. It is there.

You have to have OS version 2.2 or better to run it on android. AKA, a current version of the operating system on a badass droid phone.
Galaxy S 4G, had it a week from my cell provider.. :thinkhard:

Last edited:

Troy S

Regional Leader
try searching variations of ricekiller, like rice killer, ricekillers etc, that happened with the iphone, very annoying.