Post pics/vids of your sled! Add description, mods, etc.

Troy S

Regional Leader
LOL Paul I wish I had the loot to buy a pair, that way when the wife isn't riding I could drag you along.

hight3chredneck

I has a mullet

The only picture i have of my sled is with my shitty cellphone, but this one is the same thing/same color.

2007 F6 LXR. Electric start and Reverse. picked it up a few weeks ago. should be a nice ride/decently fast. supposed to be my "moms" sled but I will be riding all winter! Unless my dad likes this better than his F10 sno pro, then i will be riding that :thumbsup:

DoubleD

Here's my creation...
This one may take a build topic because nothing hasn't been touched or modified.. Ill make a build list and more photos in the future..

2004 Polaris Pro-XR 440.........

Last edited:

CLRD4TO

Just got back into sledding. I grew up with sleds and sold them in '02 when MN stopped getting snow. So its been a bit of a dry spell but picked up same year/model as what I used to have, except smaller motor.

98 XC 600, 3300 miles, clutched, jetted, vforce reeds, progressive front springs, studs, new skis, and of course...a half assed repaired hood pumped full of pop rivets. At least I wont feel bad sticking a bunch of gopro mounts to it.

All I got so far is this one cell pic

rawfish

08 apex lgt and 08 nytro both 40th anniversary editions. Simple mods hella fast.

And just picked up a 08 phazer.

Fotoboy

One of the few that seem to like the yami 4 strokes. I've always liked the looks of them but they seemed to get mixed reviews

hight3chredneck

I has a mullet
One of the few that seem to like the yami 4 strokes. I've always liked the looks of them but they seemed to get mixed reviews
i hated how the rx-1 (2005) was either on or off throttle. If you let off it felt like it would nose dive really bad, so had to be on the throttle constantly.

DoubleD

i hated how the rx-1 (2005) was either on or off throttle. If you let off it felt like it would nose dive really bad, so had to be on the throttle constantly.
That has a lot to do with suspension set-up. I have ridden countless Yamaha 4-stroke sleds and it comes down to how its set-up. (My old roommate in college is responsible for this on 60% of the Yamaha's from 07 on)

My sled is set up with stupid weight transfer and that is my preference, when I get out of the throttle on the trail the front end dives to, but coming out of a corner and laying into the throttle it always picks the ski's up and transfers the weight back and hooks up.

The Yamaha's have a bad rep for being heavy lumbering sleds, but when they are set up right, they are probably one of the best long distance trail riding sleds. Never take a short track, short lug RX-1 (ton) or Apex for that matter, off trail into deep powder, you will wish you have a winch or crane to get it back out.. Too many personal experiences..

Troy S

Regional Leader
Just got back into sledding. I grew up with sleds and sold them in '02 when MN stopped getting snow. So its been a bit of a dry spell but picked up same year/model as what I used to have, except smaller motor.

98 XC 600, 3300 miles, clutched, jetted, vforce reeds, progressive front springs, studs, new skis, and of course...a half assed repaired hood pumped full of pop rivets. At least I wont feel bad sticking a bunch of gopro mounts to it.

All I got so far is this one cell pic

Always been a fan of this style Polaris.

rawfish

Lol so true, thats why I picked up the nytro. I was getting stuck with the apex in deep snow wayyyy too much. The apex however is one of the best sleds i've ridden on a trail. It responsive and has endless power. My first experience with 4 stoke was a 03 RX1. Yeah it was heavy but again the power was plentiful.

The nytro has been a sweet sled its light enough to boondock, handles the twisties, and still has power. Never driven a phazer before but picked that one up this summer for Amanada since its light and isn't all that fast. Can't wait to see how it does on jumps and deep snow being so light.

That has a lot to do with suspension set-up. I have ridden countless Yamaha 4-stroke sleds and it comes down to how its set-up. (My old roommate in college is responsible for this on 60% of the Yamaha's from 07 on)

My sled is set up with stupid weight transfer and that is my preference, when I get out of the throttle on the trail the front end dives to, but coming out of a corner and laying into the throttle it always picks the ski's up and transfers the weight back and hooks up.

The Yamaha's have a bad rep for being heavy lumbering sleds, but when they are set up right, they are probably one of the best long distance trail riding sleds. Never take a short track, short lug RX-1 (ton) or Apex for that matter, off trail into deep powder, you will wish you have a winch or crane to get it back out.. Too many personal experiences..