Open Invite

Scroungers CC

Just wanted to let any of you guys know that my door is always open. I have a small garage but I don't work on anything untill after 8 pm so I'm in the garage almost all night. There are normally guys hanging out watching hot rod movies or talking smack about who's faster but we all get along. If anyone is out running around Newport late, stop in and say hi. Fridge is full of pop, grab one and make yourself at home. Most of the time you will see a car or 2 in the alley in front of my garage door. Just drive down the alley and park. The cops won't say anything. House number is 317 Lindsey St, Newport,
But you will have to drive around the back to the garage.
Steve

Last edited:

Scroungers CC

Dude that's awesome. I wish we had something like that around here
Just get together one day a week with local gear heads. That's how the Scroungers Car Club got started. Someone wanted some help working on a car over in Ohio. A group of 5 or 6 got together to help this guy out. One day a week. None of us knew each other untill then. One thing lead to another and we started hanging around and hitting junk yards, cruise ins or whatever one day a week. After about 6 months we had a get together and thought about making a club. Guys that work on their cars and not buy them. Cars that were driven and not trailered. Mostly old junk but anything was welcome. Digging through junk yards trying to scrounge any little part for a car or truck that we had stuck with us. Someone said something about us trying scrape and scrounge for parts to get or projects better. Hence the name Scroungers was born. Scroungers CC:thumbsup:
The club grew. I was the only Ky guy when we started this. I moved up in rank to Road Captain and then it seemed that old friends that I use to hang around with started pouring out of the woodwork. The club has been going for a while and We just voted in a new member that I use to hang out with 20 years ago. I haven't seen him in that long but the club got him back with old and new friends. It grew in Newport so big that we made our base of operation right here and I took over as Pres. We have chapters in Ky, OH and IN. We now limit our membership to keep things simple. I have a blast.

Scroungers CC

Reason for the history lession is you can do this down in TX. I have met people al over the US and go out of town to hang out all the time. I'm not sure where Carrollton is but shops like Austin Speed Shop and a few other around that area are cool as hell. We drove down and hung out for a couple days. We stopped in Austin Spped and took a shop tour. Talking with up and coming builder like Bobby Bleed and some other. Everyone was cool as hell. For the ones that don't know about Austin Speed Shop it's owned by Jesse James the bike builder. When he bought it he brought in some wicked hot rod builders that you will be hearing about for a long time. We made a vacation out of spped shops, junk yards and cruise ins. Met alot of cool people.
Find a garage that a friend has and ask about it. Hanging out one day a week on a tuesday night or something and building or wrenching on each others cars go a long way.

dcintegra513

I used to do that at my old house on new linden. If you you drove past almost every day you would see the entire honda line up in driveway and down the street

dcintegra513

Hey i just went threw there looking for you couldn't find it. I seen someone out side working on a honda accord. I will try again,but will have to drive a diff car. Lowered honda and newport streets don't work well

Scroungers CC

Lights will be on if I'm in there. Two white garage doors with a walk through door in the middle. One of the doors has a big Scroungers decal on it. Lights will pop on too when you drive by. Breath Alley if you have a GPS.

Scroungers CC

We are having a club meeting at my garage today. Nov 6th. Starts at 7:30. Nothing fancy and it's open to anyone. If you are close and want to grab a few pieces of pizza and a pop feel free to stop in. Garage door in the alley will be open.

Leetfade

Ah crap. Never check this on the weekend!! I was in the middle of tearing the car down anyways but eh..

When are you guys going to stop up to MD?

Scroungers CC

Ah crap. Never check this on the weekend!! I was in the middle of tearing the car down anyways but eh..

When are you guys going to stop up to MD?
Most of my cars are up for the winter. I'm beating around in my shop truck. I have been wanting to stop out but I end up with the kids or wrenching on the 27. I have been trying to get all the good days in I can. When it gets past 35 degrees I can't work in the shop too cold. Not too many warm days left.

Leetfade

I know the feeling. Had to buy a space heater for my garage this weekend and then it gets back up to 70! Ha, go figure.