Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

In my opinion, I never really like that whole juicin ur ride thing. To me itz like usin a cheat code in a game. and u risk blowin ur engine and wear it out quicker. and i find a race thatz motor to motor is much more exciting and rewarding to win (especially if the loser tried using NOS)

What duz evryone else thinK???

2. Nov 16, 2005 #2

Jared

Jared

Jared

NOS is a way to get there faster, period.

There is no "cheating" in racing unless rules are laid out before hand. All that matters is who wins.

Sure, you could blow your engine, but thats your risk to take for cheap easy horse power.

Its all a gamble. Which road you choose is your own. Ive seen fully built engines, WITH a turbo AND nitrous...

Its all about how you wanna do it.

3. Nov 16, 2005 #3

Doc

Doc

Doc

Nitrous is a time honored power adder, I prefer it to turbo/supercharging because it isn't on all the time generating stress on the drivetrain when not needed, IE when cruising or normal driving. But that's my opinion.

4. Nov 16, 2005 #4

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

I dont think it can be dun w a super charger, but a turbo can be set up to be turned off when u dont need it

5. Nov 16, 2005 #5

Doc

Doc

Doc

If you mean things like adjustable waste gates and such, I understand your sentiment, but there will still be exhaust backpressure that can be detrimental to the long term health of your drivetrain with that type of system, Nitrous is totally off or totally on, when it is off it is like it isn't there.

6. Nov 16, 2005 #6

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

good point, I did not know that

7. Nov 17, 2005 #7

all three are suprechargers, nitrous is a chemical one. the only people who have a low opinion of nitrous are the ones who have never used it. nitrous does not blow up engines. it is like the gun that kills people, the gun does nothing without a person pulling the trigger. nitrous is very safe, IF you know what you are doing. the turbo cannot be "turned off", it may not make boost under low throttle at low rpm, but as doc said, it is still a restriction, and thus robs horsepower and decreases fuel economy. the turbo charger takes roughly 7% of the horsepower made just to turn the turbine impeller and to overcome the restriction. the supercharger will take anywhere from 15-45% power to turn. nitrous takes almost zero. i say almost because the system as a whole will need about 15-40 amps, which will cause the alternator to work harder and may take a little less than 1-2% total horsepower. however, the problems with running alot of nitrous, besides the stress put on the rotating assembly, is also the plug heat range you would have to run on nitrous that would not live very long in the motor in its naturally aspirated condition. plug changes every other week are not unheard of, as i have did this myself. it is a myth that nitrous kills engines, it would be more fitting to say it is harder on an engine than a exhaust or belt driven supercharger.

like jared said, if nitrous is cheating, then where are the rules saying what modifications can be done on your car? if you really believe it is cheating, brainstorm and tell me some other things that can be done to your car that would be an "unfair" advantage. for intstance, my car weighs over 300lbs less than it did from the factory, but seeing it driving down the road, you would never have guessed it. if it is all based on your ignorance of the other car, well i guess we all must be cheaters.

8. Nov 24, 2005 #8

TexasCobra97

TexasCobra97

TexasCobra97

Well maybe you need to be like your buddy and get some of them sweeet sidepipes. Those will give you mad horsepower.

As for nitrous, Ive been using it for 2 years and have had little problems. IF your fuel system can provide rich conditions then you can run fine.

As for motor to motor race. Tell john force and every topfueler to take off there blowers. Bring whatever you got to the table . Its all competition, but its also in FUN.

9. Nov 24, 2005 #9

TexasCobra97

TexasCobra97

TexasCobra97

Listen to this guy he can help you also. :mrgreen:

10. Nov 24, 2005 #10

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

i love nitrous... can be your friend when used correctly (just like every other p/a)

11. Nov 25, 2005 #11

stevinwayne

stevinwayne

stevinwayne

i agree NOS is cheating thats why i'm getting a KNS kit :twisted:

12. Nov 25, 2005 #12

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

sounds slow :mrgreen:

13. Nov 26, 2005 #13

stevinwayne

stevinwayne

stevinwayne

yeah... it will forever be slow

14. Nov 26, 2005 #14

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

Ya, i plan to, but ive still got a few problems to fix b4 i worry about adding power

15. Nov 27, 2005 #15

Username

Username

Username

Banned from the interweb

n20 = power adder. end of story.

most people who dislike are the ones losing to n20 cars.

16. Nov 27, 2005 #16

Labora

Labora

Labora

o.O

How could nitrous be cheating? That is the same as saying any car that has a turbo, or s/c that didn't come with it is "cheating".

17. Nov 27, 2005 #17

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

:werd:

18. Nov 27, 2005 #18

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

ive never beat or been beatin by anyone w "n20." I do not usually race. But i just personally dont like it. Maybe itz just because i was always used to thinkin it was sumthing ricers always put in their cars b4 i found all these domestics with it

19. Nov 27, 2005 #19

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

are you serisous?

you need to go out to the track more and stop hangin around with ricers at the street races.

20. Nov 27, 2005 #20

ram100987

ram100987

ram100987

i said i dont race. so y would i be hangin at ricer street races... specially if i hate rice! and ive only started gettin into cars since i started driving, so its not liek i grew up knoing everything about cars. before i got interested when i started driving... i wouldnt of known the first thing about cars