New guy 2013 SHO

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
Hey guys names Dustin.

Was into imports long time ago, but now im getting back into the money pit..

2013 SHO with Performance Package, 2 weeks 1400miles on the odo and ive already got her loaded up with a Livernois Stage 4 tune.

Any other SHO guys hang around here (old or new, love the yamaha 6's)

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
The tune really opened it up. Not that it was slow in stock form. I'm really surprised at how much ford is holding this engine back. The peak torque band on this car is insane. No dyno results as I dont know of any AWD dynos around DFW. But similar cars online are putting down somewhere in the 330-350 range at the wheels. Which would put it in the low 400's to the crank.

Skinny Will

Attention..Disorder..Shit
The tune really opened it up. Not that it was slow in stock form. I'm really surprised at how much ford is holding this engine back. The peak torque band on this car is insane. No dyno results as I dont know of any AWD dynos around DFW. But similar cars online are putting down somewhere in the 330-350 range at the wheels. Which would put it in the low 400's to the crank.
try cobb or awd tuning. i think jotech has an awd dyno as well.
cool sho, i remember these cars were pretty impressive when they first came out. haven't seen MUCH development with them as i expected.

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
Yeah, Not much of a following with the SHO, the couple of kids with cars around my house didnt even know what a SHO was... They just thought it was a taurus with rims... Makes me feel old even though im not...

Skinny Will

Attention..Disorder..Shit
haha! well i remember the older supercharged sho too.
but there was some hype about the new ones coming out, and then you saw them bone stock run 12's on drag radials, and then you kinda stopped hearing anything about them. they're cool cars, imo.

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
try cobb or awd tuning. i think jotech has an awd dyno as well.
cool sho, i remember these cars were pretty impressive when they first came out. haven't seen MUCH development with them as i expected.
PRT performance in Lewisville. Tell Steve "Winstar Brandon" sent yuh.
Yeah, Not much of a following with the SHO, the couple of kids with cars around my house didnt even know what a SHO was... They just thought it was a taurus with rims... Makes me feel old even though im not...
Loved the old yamaha!

but there was some hype about the new ones coming out, and then you saw them bone stock run 12's on drag radials, and then you kinda stopped hearing anything about them. they're cool cars, imo.
Never was a supercharged sho. There was the V6 and the V8 and now the Twin turbo.

Slow 6

Thunderbird S/C maybe?

Welcome OP. I owned a 91 for awhile. Neat car.

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
Yup the old ones were awesome. I never really cared for the v8's in the late 90's. The yamaha v6 was a beast though. Perhaps one of the best built engines of that era. And none of them were supercharged factory. I have seen a couple s/c and turbo'd after market.

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
I may be a bit biased since i just purchased this one. But imho this SHO especially with the changes for 2013. May possibly be the best SHO model to date. I've driven some big cars before (and this full size 4400lb boat is BIG) but ford's engineers somehow made this car feel like its half its size. My wifes old 2004 mustang had more body roll in corners.

Bullitzx2

Wagonist!
there was a guy running around dallas and might still be who had the yamaha v6 sho with a supercharger. thing moved pretty good.

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
Gd runs. I have a 5.0 id be happy to run you. ;) Raced a few sho's in my mazdaspeed 3 and usually would edge them out a car or so.

Last edited:

Txstrmhntr

Converted to Domestic
Yeah one of the 5.0s had intake exhaust and tune, we were pretty closely matched up, he won the first run and i got him on the second one.

The other 5.0's there were stock.

I was just disappointed as the night wore on noone wanted to line up next to me, I think they just didnt wanna be seen getting beat by a 2 ton 4 door lol