need some help with my audi headunit

rwhockey29

Town Bicycle of Car Ownership
its got the upgraded bose system in it. worked fine before we replaced the clutch. now, the red backlight is on, but nothing comes up on the display, am/fm/cassette/cd/aux all dont work, none of the buttons do anything, etc. the alarm was set off on the car a couple times while up on the jack stands, wondering if its a "lockout" security thing? or possibly something else? ive checked the fuses for the radio and interior electronics, dashboard, etc. do these radios have a fuse built in that might need replaced? any other ideas?

this is all that it will do for me:

Monaro

they do have a fuse on the back on the unit that you could check, but i doubt thats your problem.

lock out mode on Audi's typically will display SAFE on the screen if you've activated it.

how did you go about setting off the alarm while you were working on it? there is a possibility that you confused the system. anytime i've set off the SAFE feature on my VW/Audi units so long as i didn't mess with them, after a few days and a number of on/off cycles the radio would reset itself and come back to life.

rwhockey29

Town Bicycle of Car Ownership
they do have a fuse on the back on the unit that you could check, but i doubt thats your problem.

lock out mode on Audi's typically will display SAFE on the screen if you've activated it.

how did you go about setting off the alarm while you were working on it? there is a possibility that you confused the system. anytime i've set off the SAFE feature on my VW/Audi units so long as i didn't mess with them, after a few days and a number of on/off cycles the radio would reset itself and come back to life.
we drove it up onto some ramps, and went inside for a little while. locked the car, came back out to jack up the rear just a bit to squeeze under it, and when lowering it, set the alarm off. ive been driving it all weekend. just seems weird it would just stop working like this, but still have the lights