My first car.

Discussion in 'Mustangs & Fords' started by R3DLIN3, Aug 2, 2006.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Aug 2, 2006 #1

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

Im picking up my first real car today. I went down to Troy Aikman Ford last saturday to go looking for mustangs. Long story short, my mom and I talked for a while and she decided she was gonna buy me a V6 mustang. So we looked and they had the one i was looking for down in Houston. So they brought it up yesterday, and there cleaning it up, tinting it, and all that good shit today. So tonight i will be driving off in a 2006 Mustang. :cool: im kinda dissapointed that i couldnt get a gt but my mom said it was too fast, and too expensive. But its a V6 with a pony package, shaker 1000 stereo, manual trans, and black leather interior. Ill try and post pics tonight or tomorrow.

2. Aug 2, 2006 #2

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

congrats

3. Aug 2, 2006 #3

jester4666

jester4666

jester4666

congrats

4. Aug 2, 2006 #4

Euro91

Euro91

Euro91

My first car was a Chevy Spectrum 4-banger, so don't feel bad about getting a V-6.

Congrats :D

5. Aug 2, 2006 #5

Slow 6

Slow 6

Slow 6

congrats on the new car, can't wait to see pics of the stang. Sounds pretty sweet, oh and
    WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

6. Aug 2, 2006 #6

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

Thanks guys. I was supposed to have it tonight but it just got in a little while ago and they need to fix it up. Clean it, wash it, gas it up, and tint it. soo i have to wait another day. Im starting to get pissed cause i was supposed to have it by tuesday at the latest and now i wont have it till thursday and i leave town friday. :-(

7. Aug 5, 2006 #7

Mr. Turtle

Mr. Turtle

Mr. Turtle

Big WarS

NICE CAR get some widz

8. Aug 13, 2006 #8

merp

merp

merp

Your mother may not know it, but she's taking a real chance getting you that car. Just because it's a V6, she probably thinks it's not that fast. I'm not suggesting that you're irresponsible, but that vehicle practically qualifies as a high-power, rear-wheel drive car. It's got more power than a 1989 GT, and they were a handful. And I'm willing to bet you've got almost no seat time whatsoever.

Seriously, ask your parents if you can go to a performance driving school, like Bondurant or something. You're young, and don't have all the muscle-memory reactions and reflexes of an experienced driver. It would be really easy for someone like yourself to get into real trouble with that car, and I don't mean legally. That car's capable of every bit of 140mph, and you can do plenty to get yourself killed going just 60. Take the time to learn what the car will do in at-the-limit situations. Not only will it keep you from panicing when it happens, but it'll familiarize you with the limits of the car, so that you know what you can (and can't) get away with.

9. Aug 13, 2006 #9

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

ummm lmao

10. Aug 13, 2006 #10

Oxidized

Oxidized

Oxidized

That shaker 1000 is the shit. Very nice stock radio fo sho.

11. Aug 13, 2006 #11

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Slow, I gotta agree with merp on this one.

There's a *reason* why the crash rates for the new V6 Mustang are approaching those of the SN95 GTs. Pretty soon the insurance rates should catch up.

At one point, one in three SN95 GTs got crashed within one year of ownership. Usually wrapped around trees or some other large solid object.

12. Aug 13, 2006 #12

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

Slow Five-O

too quick

it's a fucking V6 mustang. don't drive it like a moron and you'll be alright. same goes with any other car. is that so hard to do?

LMAO at taking a performance driving school to drive on the street. just keep it on the track, problem solved :roll:

13. Aug 13, 2006 #13

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

R3DLIN3

well i want to go to driving school anyways not so i can drive on the street but just so i can learn some stuff. I also wanna autocross it. And btw not that it matters but a v6 has a limited top speed of 113.

14. Aug 13, 2006 #14

986ci's

986ci's

986ci's

Hey my car was a 10 year old 4cyl mustang, now 54 cars later i have all V-8's autocross is cool, but that car will need alot of work to be a serious contender in auto X, Talk to MMP the work with alot of new V-6 mustang and even more V-8's

15. Aug 14, 2006 #15

Middle School

Middle School

Middle School

middle school

HA! i had one of those a couple of years ago. that POS got 45mpg and would chirp the tires going into 2nd gear!

btw, the new v6 mustangs are nice. they have the same power to weight ratio of the 90-98GT's with v8's. i would much rather have a new 06 shelby GT350 with the supercharged v6 instead of the pig heavy GT500. its cheaper, and prolly pretty close in the 1/4 mile. it would be cool to have one just to do something different.

16. Aug 18, 2006 #16

droptopfpm

droptopfpm

droptopfpm

Rollin' in the 5.0

i guess middlle school was trying to talk about the sc6 and dont know if what he was saying was fact

17. Aug 18, 2006 #17

mustang_93

mustang_93

mustang_93

Have fun with your new car.

18. Aug 20, 2006 #18

StAnG_BiTcH

StAnG_BiTcH

StAnG_BiTcH

good luck with your new mustang.. I just got my second mustang.. its a 06 v6 too so yeah lol. hope everything goes well & enjoy it.

19. Aug 23, 2006 #19

MarkVIII93

MarkVIII93

MarkVIII93

geez... Taking a chance buying a v6 stang... My parents thought that my lincoln would be a better car to buy instead of a mustang.. But apparently.. Its a little faster than a mustang...soon to be MUCH faster.. hehe :twisted:

20. Aug 23, 2006 #20

TT4U2NV

TT4U2NV

TT4U2NV

I <3 Trolling

Meh, gotta learn to drive it sometime. Those of us that have high horsepower cars all came from somewhere. My first car was a 92 honda civic single cam 4 door auto, I wish i still had that fucker.

Good luck bro and enjoy the car.