MT 2011 Mustang GT vs 2011 M3

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
You haven't proved anything. The only thing thats clear is that we know where some post whoring LS1tech members end up at when they're given the ban hammer.:D
Your theory might be correct if I had ever been on LS1tech. :lmao:

Bowtie, you would have better luck arguing with Big Hal.

The internet, its serious.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

W0rkH0r$e

Wow, on the road course by less then a 10th the M3 won. They forgot to add that at the drag track the Mustang won, the 60-0 the Mustang won. By how close it was on the road course, you could easily argue that the 10th in the M3 came from the driver being familiar with the track, having just previously ran it with the Mustang, or that it was so close you could run them again and it could be the Mustang winning by a tenth. That in itself it pure awesome.
I agree.. But if you want to be technical.. if this race had started from a stop instead of a roll like they tested then the out come could def be different as the stang was .10 quicker in the 1/4 and trapped higher :wiggle:

2faststealth4u

And second.. Regardless of times the m3 is a track car as the mustang is not.. These cars should not have been put against each other.. Ask any true mustang enthusist that mustangs are not made to compete on a track with a corvette a BMW m3 is.. Two totally dif classes I say don't listen to any of that crap..

W0rkH0r$e

And second.. Regardless of times the m3 is a track car as the mustang is not.. These cars should not have been put against each other.. Ask any true mustang enthusist that mustangs are not made to compete on a track with a corvette a BMW m3 is.. Two totally dif classes I say don't listen to any of that crap
That is wierd you say that especially since mustang run against BMW's all the time in the Koni Challenge or Speed GT series races.. Obviously from this video the mustang is a track car... Either one of two things has happened.. The Mustang has gotten better track performance wise or the BMW has gotten worse.. which is it? The guy driving the car is a multiple time racing champion and knows his stuff.. He says the Mustang is a very good balanced car, that means it is.. Don't base current performance on what the cars where designed to do in the 60's... The mustang is close to 15k cheaper and can compete with the BMW, don't be Hatin :thumbsup:

2faststealth4u

Not only that but I highly doubt that m3 was in sport with dsc on.. Because no way in he'll it just got .2 sec slower on 0-60 and almost a half a sec slower on 1/4 mile
And I'm not trashing ford they did wonderful on that car... And yes m3 has kinda gone wrong a bit.. My e46 euro mod goes 0-60 in 4 sec.. Either way I doubt it was in sport I can't wait to see BMW m teams response..
For the first time in my life go ford..

W0rkH0r$e

I'm sure they drove both cars to the fullest in sport with out tcs and all that.. The guy is a champion driver and drives both cars well beyond most peoples ability... The cars are even..

2faststealth4u

I'm not talking circuit the test track times are bs.. Like I said not hating on the mustang at all.. And will gladly take any mustang on in my 2002 m3... It's just disappointing to see.. And frustrating as well.. MT is known for saying what they want.. To me the m3 is still the ultimate road car.. But another thing.. The new mustang would be the only one I'd ever buy

Rico

Love all three of these cars but I already own 2 BMW m3s and i love
Them
Not only that but I highly doubt that m3 was in sport with dsc on.. Because no way in he'll it just got .2 sec slower on 0-60 and almost a half a sec slower on 1/4 mile
And I'm not trashing ford they did wonderful on that car... And yes m3 has kinda gone wrong a bit.. My e46 euro mod goes 0-60 in 4 sec.. Either way I doubt it was in sport I can't wait to see BMW m teams response..
For the first time in my life go ford..
I'm not talking circuit the test track times are bs.. Like I said not hating on the mustang at all.. And will gladly take any mustang on in my 2002 m3... It's just disappointing to see.. And frustrating as well.. MT is known for saying what they want.. To me the m3 is still the ultimate road car.. But another thing.. The new mustang would be the only one I'd ever buy
You have all of these cars, but you only have a 1992 Dodge Stealth in your Avy?

Why not list the M3's, and E46? After all, I would be much more proud of those than a Dodge Stealth. Not hating, just curious!