MT 2011 Mustang GT vs 2011 M3

SonicBoom

Great victory for Ford. I love how in the other MT video where they put these 2 cars side by side on the dragstrip the driver in the mustang presses on the brake for the M3 to catch up and make it close, its hilarious.

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
Not taking away from the Mustang, but Willow Springs allows for some of the most bizarre outcomes.

Troy S

Regional Leader
Wow, on the road course by less then a 10th the M3 won. They forgot to add that at the drag track the Mustang won, the 60-0 the Mustang won. By how close it was on the road course, you could easily argue that the 10th in the M3 came from the driver being familiar with the track, having just previously ran it with the Mustang, or that it was so close you could run them again and it could be the Mustang winning by a tenth. That in itself it pure awesome.

Odin

Slow on DR, fast on RKC
The 2 vehicles are almost dead even in all performance tests.

The Mustang stickers from $30K-$38K.

The BMW stickers from $55K-$67K.

I think we have a clear winner.

Give me the Mustang and $25K cash over the BMW any day.

At those prices the BMW M3 needs to be compared to the Corvette Grand Sport, or even the Z06.

Hell, you could buy a new Mustang AND a new Taurus for the price of the BMW.

blackpony

That's a crazy comparison... IMO they are not even close to being in the same class... With all the bells and wistles the mustang will still be cheaper then the base m3...

I'd like to see them both on r compound tires though... See how close they are...

blackpony

Why bother after this comparison. The chev is a big slow boat.
I'm just curious to see the results..

This comparo says a lot for both cars. For a mustang to be compared to a 50k euro and the results to be that close, and the same for the m3, to be compared to the iconic mustang and hang fairly well.. IMO it comes down the the driver on either car...

Going off what he was saying in the vid, a slightly stiffer spring and shock combo and the mustang should be faster then the m3... Also as previously stated though, it could be argued that after driving the mustang first, the driver could have learned the track conditions in prepare for the m3...

Either way excellent comparo!!

Troy S

Regional Leader
I'm just curious to see the results..

This comparo says a lot for both cars. For a mustang to be compared to a 50k euro and the results to be that close, and the same for the m3, to be compared to the iconic mustang and hang fairly well.. IMO it comes down the the driver on either car...

Going off what he was saying in the vid, a slightly stiffer spring and shock combo and the mustang should be faster then the m3... Also as previously stated though, it could be argued that after driving the mustang first, the driver could have learned the track conditions in prepare for the m3...

Either way excellent comparo!!
Yeah, after seeing a few 2011 mustang reviews including the one mustang vs camaro, it's easy to see who would win between the M and Camaro.

rileyrat

See, this is what I've been waiting on. Ford said YEARS ago that they were going after the BMW M3. Good to see they are proving to do so.

rileyrat

It is pretty amazing the strides they made in 1 year.
It took more than a year to make the 2011 Mustang...While we may only see them as a year apart, it took years in development. I would imagine that they were planning this from the first whisper of a new Camaro.

unit_three

fearless keyboard warrior
i want one... maybe in 2 or 3 years i'll try to get my hands on a 2012 or something. i've been hearing about clutch problems with the new models so they'll probably work them out in the 2nd year.

Troy S

Regional Leader
It took more than a year to make the 2011 Mustang...While we may only see them as a year apart, it took years in development. I would imagine that they were planning this from the first whisper of a new Camaro.
I was stating just as I said. What a difference a year makes. Getting at the major difference in the 2010 and 2011 models. Obviously it takes more than a year to develop a car.