ModifiedNJ.com Official Weekly Meet

Ciggy

Thursday is a nice day to have meets. Does anyone else think changing the day would be a good idea?

This meet is for all of us so if you want a different day speak up.

B15Chris

Thursday is a nice day to have meets. Does anyone else think changing the day would be a good idea?

I so agree but now since edgewater and woodbridge are back not to take away from you guys half of the ppl go to those but I know eventually once those meets get big and go down in flames due to the moron's.I say keep it on thursday

J

Jared

Keep in mind.. We have a million dollar insurance policy with RKC name on it... you can use it to convince LARGE parking lot owners to say yes to a meet... a big meet...

;)

Z0sick

Keep in mind.. We have a million dollar insurance policy with RKC name on it... you can use it to convince LARGE parking lot owners to say yes to a meet... a big meet...

;)
unfortunately, that won't matter. Lots of illegal activities goes on at those larger meets. Drugs, people with unregistered cars, warrants, fights, stabbing (in one extreme case), etc.....

No business in their right mind would allow that, no matter what insurance policy you wave in their face. Meets may be a bit different in your neck of the woods, but out here, a meet's fatal flaw is its popularity. Once it becomes popular, and every joe show crap box, illegal, underage, etc...asshole shows up and screws it up for the rest of us.

So much so....that any car that looks remotely nice/clean driving in the town gets pulled over, hassled, ticketed, and told to leave....even if they have business being there. One meet really did seem like a scene from The Fast and the Furious where cops came from every corner, blockading the parking lot on all exits. There were officers on the rooftop of the businesses with binoculars radioing to officers on the ground the people doing burnouts, trying to flee, etc...

It's sad..........really REALLY sad.

J

Jared

unfortunately, that won't matter. Lots of illegal activities goes on at those larger meets. Drugs, people with unregistered cars, warrants, fights, stabbing (in one extreme case), etc.....

No business in their right mind would allow that, no matter what insurance policy you wave in their face. Meets may be a bit different in your neck of the woods, but out here, a meet's fatal flaw is its popularity. Once it becomes popular, and every joe show crap box, illegal, underage, etc...asshole shows up and screws it up for the rest of us.

So much so....that any car that looks remotely nice/clean driving in the town gets pulled over, hassled, ticketed, and told to leave....even if they have business being there. One meet really did seem like a scene from The Fast and the Furious where cops came from every corner, blockading the parking lot on all exits. There were officers on the rooftop of the businesses with binoculars radioing to officers on the ground the people doing burnouts, trying to flee, etc...

It's sad..........really REALLY sad.
So what your saying, is there is a huge RICE problem in NJ?

Where have I heard this before... ;)

So, you give up? Your ar out? You concede defeat? The ricers win, we lose, and no large meets can ever happen again. You are CONVINCED that any large gathering of modified car owners after dark will be a PROBLEM? 100% convinced?

You don't think, if RICEKILLER set expectations, led by example, and brought a whole new approach to car meets in NJ, that it would not at least be possible to have 500+ cars a week meet, peacefully, and the cops be cool with it? What if ricekiller PAID the cops to come? What if RKC NJ and the cops were friends?

Z0sick

So what your saying, is there is a huge RICE problem in NJ?

Where have I heard this before... ;)

So, you give up? Your ar out? You concede defeat? The ricers win, we lose, and no large meets can ever happen again. You are CONVINCED that any large gathering of modified car owners after dark will be a PROBLEM? 100% convinced?

You don't think, if RICEKILLER set expectations, led by example, and brought a whole new approach to car meets in NJ, that it would not at least be possible to have 500+ cars a week meet, peacefully, and the cops be cool with it? What if ricekiller PAID the cops to come? What if RKC NJ and the cops were friends?
Believe me, I hear what you're saying. And unlike what most of the country thinks of NJ, very little of it is actually true.

What I'm saying is simply that convincing businesses and local police to allow large meets never goes over well in NJ. It's out of their hands so to speak. They have to protect the public, and enforce the laws. They would catch so much flak if something happened during one of their "supervised" meets.....which frankly has already happened.

Edgewater, NJ - several fights, damaged cars, nudity (someone paid a stripper to come to meet and flash everyone while standing on a car), and the more extreme stabbing.

Hazlet, NJ - Fights, trash left in lot, damaged cars, and the extreme innocent spectator hit by car doing a burn out.

Linden, NJ - One of my favorite meets ever, and quite possibly the largest I've been to. There actually wasn't any extreme issues, but it attracted the local street racing crowd. Many, MANY illegally registered cars, non matching VINs, moving stolen goods, etc....

All 3 of those meets had strong police presence, with police randomly going up the aisles. Even with that, the dumb people still had the balls (and lack of brains) to do that stupid crap.

Now I haven't attended any meets near the midwest so I can't really compare to what you guys have, or how LEO's approve of meets after dark. But what I can say is that in NJ (and the entire tristate area actually...NY, PA, MD) large car meets aren't seen as a "meet of enthusiasts" but a "grouping of possible illegal activity". If it makes someone look bad, or potentially look bad, they get their local politician involved and it because a mess where they attempt to scare tuners by making "examples" of them in grand, public displays of police rounding people up like some sort of rodeo show.

Sad part is, it's not even a Rice issue. It's an issue of stupidity and illegal activity giving all the rest of us a bad name. Some of these people that cause problems actually have really nice cars. If they weren't such douche bags there wouldn't be a problem.

I haven't given up on NJ at all, and I'm actually trying to think of new ways to deal with these unfortunate facts. But also, unfortunately for us, it just isn't the same way out here as it may be in your neck of the woods. It's going to take some time, patience, and brainstorming to get the local tuner scene back in line to where it was years ago before all mess really started getting a firm grasp of our nuts.

EDIT: Left something out. There have been peaceful large meets in NJ plenty of times. Their issue is how the meet is viewed by the public. There have been large meets here with everyone behaving and with permission from the land/lot owner. They still got shut down because the local police got reports of "street racing" going on. They know it was bullshit, but the problem is they can't let the public see them allowing this to happen, even though nothing bad is happening. It's because of the public's incorrect view of what we are, and what we do. They see a big grouping of cars in the day time, they think car show or car club. They see a large grouping at night and think, street racing. The cops, no matter how much you paid them or explained to them, have a job to do. They can't be seen by the public as weak or allowing what they think is illegal to happen without any action. So....the police tell us to move along and go somewhere else because unfortunately, we're drawing attention to ourselves even though nothing bad is going on.

Last edited:
J

Jared

I consider stupidity to be rice.

To me, when I say ricekiller, I mean, stupid, immature, inappropriate action killer.

The message of ricekiller is to turn ricers (immature kids) into enthusiasts.

Z0sick

I consider stupidity to be rice.

To me, when I say ricekiller, I mean, stupid, immature, inappropriate action killer.

The message of ricekiller is to turn ricers (immature kids) into enthusiasts.
ah, ok, then in that sense, rice does seem to put an end to lots of meets here. We are working on things out here. I haven't given up yet.

Last edited:

B15Chris

lets not also forget the woodbridge meet cops always cruised around then on one night they didn't stop by every car put on a burnout show and to that threw rocks at the best buy store before hand I like the jersey meets but hate when ppl act the fool I agree with everything that was said above

J

Jared

Sounds like all the idiots in Jersey need a reality check. The reason the COPS ARE JERKS is because the car owners acted like idiots FIRST.

Ciggy

Hope to see you guys out tonight. I know ill be there with friends and i know of a bunch of other people coming. I understand there are other larger meets going on.

If everyone gets there around 930 and someone hits me up and says come by edgewater we can all cruise there together. or just hang out at tgi fridays.

B15Chris

Sounds like all the idiots in Jersey need a reality check. The reason the COPS ARE JERKS is because the car owners acted like idiots FIRST.
Exactly jared I agree with you I have been going tri meets for the last couple of years all have ended in fail just b/c they have a boosted car doesn't mean they gotta do a nascar burnout at the meets no excuse for that

Z0sick

won't be there tonight. As far as day goes, there's a LOT of thursday meets. I think it might be a good idea of at least considering a different day. There's no point in having a meet, just to cruise to another one, ya know? Especially for me when I'd be going south to then go north. If you're going to have a meet, have it, and stay at it. So i suggest at least opening dicussion for a new day.