"Mod Friendly" Dealership

Trophy Nissan

I know you guys are all over the place, but for DFW members, we have a special deal. If you are having a problem with your nissan that is under factory warranty, and the car is modded, we can still help you. Some dealers will not handle your car if you have changed things, and others will take money from you just because they know you are a enthusiast.

We will take care of any modified cars. We are a "mod-friendly nissan dealer".

As you all know, our arms are tied when it comes to tranny-issues with the GTR and in some other special cases, but if we are talking about I/H/E and other basic mod's, we will not give you a hard-time about anything. We knew when we signed up with RKC we would deal with real car guys, and we love to see customized and modified cars. As long as the mods installed are not directly related to the problems you are having (or we determine they aren't) then you can count on your factory warranty.

We will try to help in any way we can. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
I know you guys are all over the place, but for DFW members, we have a special deal. If you are having a problem with your nissan that is under factory warranty, and the car is modded, we can still help you. Some dealers will not handle your car if you have changed things, and others will take money from you just because they know you are a enthusiast.

We will take care of any modified cars. We are a "mod-friendly nissan dealer".

As you all know, our arms are tied when it comes to tranny-issues with the GTR and in some other special cases, but if we are talking about I/H/E and other basic mod's, we will not give you a hard-time about anything. We knew when we signed up with RKC we would deal with real car guys, and we love to see customized and modified cars. As long as the mods installed are not directly related to the problems you are having (or we determine they aren't) then you can count on your factory warranty.

We will try to help in any way we can. :thumbsup:
Which means you operate just like every other dealer I've seen in town. :brow:

Trophy Nissan

Thats not the case every-time. We hear stories all the time here of cars being turned away for having a cold-air-intake, or getting over-charged for bogus claims based on the aftermarket installed parts. We're just gonna shoot you straight, and take care of you.

Obviously, if you changed out internal engine parts that caused problems, thats not our fault. Nissan should not have to warranty cars/parts that are destroyed or damaged by an owners decisions. However, if you are honest with us, we will be honest with you. Sometimes we can "help" you out, if you catch my drift, but thats a case-by-case decision and also something we would not talk about online.

I am just saying, we will help "Modified Car Enthusiasts" with current Nissan warranties here at our dealership. :thumbsup:

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
Thats not the case every-time. We hear stories all the time here of cars being turned away for having a cold-air-intake, or getting over-charged for bogus claims based on the aftermarket installed parts. We're just gonna shoot you straight, and take care of you.
I understand. I'm just saying your dealer still operates under the same basic rules as nearly every other.

"If you're modded, we can help as long as said mods have not caused the issue".
Obviously, if you changed out internal engine parts that caused problems, thats not our fault. Nissan should not have to warranty cars/parts that are destroyed or damaged by an owners decisions. However, if you are honest with us, we will be honest with you. Sometimes we can "help" you out, if you catch my drift, but thats a case-by-case decision and also something we would not talk about online.
Of course, not. It'd be amazing for owners, but a nightmare in the service shops.
I am just saying, we will help "Modified Car Enthusiasts" with current Nissan warranties here at our dealership. :thumbsup:
I get that. :thumbsup:

Note that I'm not trying to give you a hard time, either. :)

corbin09

What is your name or someone i can talk to? I bought an 09 370z and have been having some strange clutch/ tranny issues. all i have is exhaust and springs, but dealing with bankston nissan was so bad that it almost made me consider never buying a nissan again. I wasnt given a spare key then told i lied to the sales manager by MY sales person. I was refused a key, and had to sit up there for 2 hours demanding a key, and until the sales person realized he DIDNT give me the key did i get one. Then i brought it back for a clutch/ tranny issue, and to get my tpms reset. I got my car back filthy, with an empty tank (went in with about 3/4). They didnt fix the tpms and said that the clutch or tranny must just be the way i drive the car. I called to talk to the GM of the dealership 6 times and left 5 Voicemails. Not one of my calls was returned.( I am 21 i guess they thought a paying customer was just too young and niave to deal with?) I was so frustrated i honestly just thought about trading the car in for a 2010 camaro... but if i could get it looked at by someone who wouldnt be a big Pain in my A** i would be VERY happy with this car.

Dan

Doing 100
What is your name or someone i can talk to? I bought an 09 370z and have been having some strange clutch/ tranny issues. all i have is exhaust and springs, but dealing with bankston nissan was so bad that it almost made me consider never buying a nissan again. I wasnt given a spare key then told i lied to the sales manager by MY sales person. I was refused a key, and had to sit up there for 2 hours demanding a key, and until the sales person realized he DIDNT give me the key did i get one. Then i brought it back for a clutch/ tranny issue, and to get my tpms reset. I got my car back filthy, with an empty tank (went in with about 3/4). They didnt fix the tpms and said that the clutch or tranny must just be the way i drive the car. I called to talk to the GM of the dealership 6 times and left 5 Voicemails. Not one of my calls was returned.( I am 21 i guess they thought a paying customer was just too young and niave to deal with?) I was so frustrated i honestly just thought about trading the car in for a 2010 camaro... but if i could get it looked at by someone who wouldnt be a big Pain in my A** i would be VERY happy with this car.
So maybe it's not how every other dealer operates?

Either way, it's very cool of Trophy Nissan to come right out and say that they are willing to work with enthusiasts, rather than turn them away completely.

corbin09

i just read this whole thread, and this is most certainly not the norm for a dealership. I have been turned away by AUDI, Nissan , and infiniti dealerships for having mods, and on the infiniti it was just brakes and springs. Most dealers will not cover the car and make you go throught the long drawn out process of proving that the part didnt cause a problem. I know that a lot of people with the new 370zs are having oil overheating problems and when they put an oil cooler on they void the warranty. So, again, Trophy nissan doing this is a very good thing, and it will direct my business there in the future... but comments like this directed at someone who is TRYING TO HELP our community, are unneccesary. AND if anything should be changed to "operate just like every other dealer SHOULD."

Trophy Nissan

Please come in ASAP so we can fix all of these problems! I promise you when we are done with you and your car you will be wanting to get back on RKC to leave us a good report! I am so sorry another Nissan dealer did you wrong like this!

Trophy Nissan

i just read this whole thread, and this is most certainly not the norm for a dealership. I have been turned away by AUDI, Nissan , and infiniti dealerships for having mods, and on the infiniti it was just brakes and springs. Most dealers will not cover the car and make you go throught the long drawn out process of proving that the part didnt cause a problem. I know that a lot of people with the new 370zs are having oil overheating problems and when they put an oil cooler on they void the warranty. So, again, Trophy nissan doing this is a very good thing, and it will direct my business there in the future... but comments like this directed at someone who is TRYING TO HELP our community, are unneccesary. AND if anything should be changed to "operate just like every other dealer SHOULD."
Many thanks.

Please ask for Dave Tunnell's (Service Manager) when you come/call. Tell him you are a RICEKILLER MEMBER when you call so we can make sure and get our very best tech's to touch your car only.

Dale

Vroom Vroom
Damn wish it was this way back when i had my 350z....Spent about 7k in fixing OEM parts in the damn thing all i had was exhaust and intake and the dealer bull shitted me every time!! The Mitu dealer is alot better!! Gave me a new turbo new tranny/t-case all under warranty! Full bolt on evo too! This is a great deal. Ill be sure to let all my nissan buds know!

JT

left handed shifter
do you still warranty a 1989 Skyline..lol...j/k

though, i did see a certian 06 titan crew cab 4x4 i have been eyeing for a while..im thinkin of coming by and looking for trading in my truck....