Miss.Six. Is upgrading.

Miss.Six.

I take the interwebz serious MF'er!
Dont get me wrong. The 99-04 is my second favorite body style, the notch-fox being first, but I dont believe Miss Six is going to be doing very much modding so the most comfortable and reliable choice would be to save up for a newer and more user friendly mustang.
I honestly would really like a car to work on. I wanted to mod the one I have now, but as I said I find no point in moding a v6 to be a v8 when I can mod a v8 to be even faster. IMO.

WarShrike

210hp V6 versus what a 240hp V8? I like the older style anyway over the latest body styles.

If you're able to get out from under payments quickly and save the money for playtime when you decide to mod, more power to you.

I paid off my V6 Firebird and am now modding it to suit my tastes without ruining drivability. I'll catch alot of hell for modding a V6, but I'm doing it because I enjoy this car and want to see what I can do with it. That's part of the idea of hot-rodding anyway.

Best of luck, hope you find something that keeps you happy :)

Odin

Slow on DR, fast on RKC
Holy shit, if the original post had been written in plain English in a way that made sense all of the BS could have been avoided.

эллэвэхк

I love food
I honestly would really like a car to work on. I wanted to mod the one I have now, but as I said I find no point in moding a v6 to be a v8 when I can mod a v8 to be even faster. IMO.
Well to mod you need a budget. From my general knowledge it would take around 5,000 to make the 4.6 stang quick. This is without nitrous. Try to plan ahead. If you are buying the 4.6 to mod then estimate how much money you will need to reach your E/T or horsepower goal. In my opinion mid 11 seconds is fast. My goal is a solid 1.5 foot wheelie with atleast a mid 11 second E/T.

If you are buying for creature comforts keep the current V6.

If you want the best of both worlds, save up, be patient, and buy the newer model GT.

Fonzie

now has a lighter version
I still would rather have an 03 GT over an 07 GT.. But I'm really not all that partial to s197's.. I drove a GT vert and that thing was dog slow!

WarShrike

Why not just get a late model 4th gen F-body? They can be had for a dime a dozen and already quick out of the box.

эллэвэхк

I love food
I'd rock the mullet that comes with a F-Body before the Pig Tails that come with a Mustang.:angel:
Why are pig tails associated with mustangs?

I would probably sell the V6 asap before depreciation hits it even harder and buy a notch fox which I could dump the said V6 money into.

oChristiano

I haz secret crush on Bowtie
Why are pig tails associated with mustangs?

I would probably sell the V6 asap before depreciation hits it even harder and buy a notch fox which I could dump the said V6 money into.
Because its a womens car. Especially a New Edge.:lol:

Last edited:

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
My cr is paid of completely, title in my name and all. The "letting itgo to the bank" was a 8month ago thought. I will eventually mod. it. I personally think it is stupid to trick out my v6 and everything just be for show then for speed. I've driven for 3 years, haven't been in an accident that was my fault ever. I was taught how to drive very well, so screw that fact of girls cause alot of accidents. I don't drive like a girl, and I was also taught to take care of what littlebi have, because it might be all I ever get. Yes a 05-09 gt would be nice, I just want to avoid the car payment and be able to invest into the car instead of paying everyone back. It would make life alot easier on me, expecailly going to college. For some reason the 03 caught my eye.
That clears it up some. So you own the V6 outright and would like to trade it even steven for the slightly older GT V8 you test drove because you like the style of the older car and feel that it would be better to mod a v8 than V6 and you do plan to do mods. Seems reasonable to me. And for the record the insurance companies would tend to agree with you with regard to girls/women not having as many accidents since they charge them lower rates based on that fact.

Odin

Slow on DR, fast on RKC
The value of a '07 V6 Mustang will be approximately twice as much as the value of a '03 Mustang GT, whether you're talking trade-in value or auction value. So an even swap means Miss Six is getting screwed big time, her car is worth more than the older GT. The dealer is playing her, going for the biggest screw job of the year.

TT4U2NV

I <3 Trolling
The value of a '07 V6 Mustang will be approximately twice as much as the value of a '03 Mustang GT, whether you're talking trade-in value or auction value. So an even swap means Miss Six is getting screwed big time, her car is worth more than the older GT. The dealer is playing her, going for the biggest screw job of the year.
selling an 03 GT for 10k is a JOKE!!! id be surprised if they had more than 5-6k in it and trying to make a killing off it. The new mustang is a much more aestheticly pleasing vehicle, the interior of the older mustangs sucks pretty bad and the shifter position is up there with the worst EVER!!!

personally id sell the vehicle privately and buy something worth while, hell private party you could probably get 13-14k out of it or so and then go buy a c5 coupe and not drive..... well a POS mustang