might trade mustang for mustang.. or mustang for camaro.. thoughts?

SterlingGT

i have a 03 mustang gt w/ around 80k miles, needs some body work and the 3rd gear synchro is goin out in the manual tranny.. i dont drive it much so i could care less about fixing it, or doin anything to it.. i already did all of the boltons, and had it tuned w/ 3.73s in it.. and its got black 17inch flat black bullit rims that dont look very good cuz its flat black on a navy blue car.. i dont really like it but whatever..

someone wants to trade me, his 99 mustang gt "i like the 99s" w/ 195k miles :O.. yes a ton of miles but its all highway miles and it has a t56 6speed in it for better gas mileage because the previous owner had a long commute.. it needs not body work and has deep dish brand new black bullit rims..

or was willing to trade me a 94 camaro z28 w/ 130k miles and maybe some cash.. help me out guys.. let me know what i should do if i should even do anything at all lol.. i know 195k miles is a ton but maybe i can get some cash on the side too, and it def. looks better then the one i already have.. and i dont drive it that much anyways

Junkie

President of RKC
Niether, wait and hold out until somebody with an LSx powered car wants to trade you. Or sell it save up and buy a base C5. Can be had for the low low teens.

SterlingGT

Niether, wait and hold out until somebody with an LSx powered car wants to trade you. Or sell it save up and buy a base C5. Can be had for the low low teens.
but i do soo much travelling i dont even really deal w/ cars as much as i want too anymore... i just need something to drive while im at home.. i cant spend my money modifying cars anymore lol..

Riktor

Wormwood Comet
but i do soo much travelling i dont even really deal w/ cars as much as i want too anymore... i just need something to drive while im at home.. i cant spend my money modifying cars anymore lol..
Get the C5 then... as long as you don't whore it out like Lee it'll get your great mileage and they can last a LOOONG time.

chargedyellow77

_far from stock_
94 camaro z28 w/ 130k miles and maybe some cash..
My boyfriend has a 94 Z also, pretty nice car and still runs good even with a ton of miles as well (he did have some little tranny issues but got that fixed). But me being a mustang person I say either keep the one you have an fix it up how you like or go for the 99.

08Bullitt

you know if you trade for another muscle your just going to want to mod it...could be wrong, prob have stronger will power than me lol

why dont you trade it for a civic or something with better gas mileage?

EDIT: id trade for the mustang if you had no other choice..deep dish wheel are clean

Last edited:

SterlingGT

awesome, thanx alot everyone im still thinkin about it, and have to measure the opportunity cost on the situation but ill let u know what i decide..

Fast_F-150

My Idiocy Precedes Me
Personally if it were me i would just throw a T56 in the one you got and call it quit. You would get better mileage and a better tranny. But if you do trade i would personally go with the 99'.

Big Show

RKC Official VP of MN Region
I would do neither. if I were u I would just sell ur car, and buy something cheap and reliable.