ls1 cooling issue

Vadergt

i have a 98 z28 m6 and to me it seems to be running hot. at 75 in 6th gear it runs around 210 with the heater on. with it off it slowly climbs past 210. the only mods a headers ory and a borla catback. any one have an idea what could be causing this? it is full of fluid btw

LS2_Fast

Formerly known as Swapped2
i have a 98 z28 m6 and to me it seems to be running hot. at 75 in 6th gear it runs around 210 with the heater on. with it off it slowly climbs past 210. the only mods a headers ory and a borla catback. any one have an idea what could be causing this? it is full of fluid btw
water pump good?

BIG HAL

Builder/Tuner
This is Normal. Secondary fan is set for about 219 or so. Don't worry. My 6.0 runs at 200 all day long

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
^ x3. Mixing universal coolant with model specific coolant can make shit like that happen.

Russyo

Hatch of Doom!!
I was pretty sure the one I had ran about the same as you're describing.

But changing the coolant and making sure it's the correct non-mixed is always a good idea. But I don't think 210 is hot at all for that car.

Top Fuel

My 98 Z28 runs nowhere near that warm, but it's completely stock. It does get to about 210 or so in traffic, but once I get going it cools right down.

Daniel6718

If it creeps up from there, it's not normal
Should have a shop verify the gaur is reading correctly, if so the issue is a simple fix