Just the basics...

Bluefox2007

So, we're starting from scratch modding the Neon. Being that my savings account is being used to save for the SRT-4 engine swap, my "availible" funds allow be only the most basic of modifications to the car.

The first thing planned is Iceman's entry in the CAI catagory. The Iceman is unique in second generation Neons, in that the filter is positioned behind the driver's headlight in the fender. This provides ample clearence for puddles, which the first generation Icemans had some issues with. Fitted with a K&N filter, this is the cheapest mod on my list.

Second is a Magnum header. The Magnum engine was a higher-output 2.0L that is found in R/Ts and ACR Neons. Rather than 132 bhp, it put out 150bhp. It is possible to mount the Magnum header to a non-Magnum engine with decent results.

Thirdly is the rear section of the R/T exhaust system. The R/T used dual-outlet exhaust as opposed to the SXT's single-outlet. This provides the car with a slight performance increase as well as a more aggresive sounding exhaust system.

By increasing the car's breathing, I can hopefully squeeze out 130 at the wheels. Currently, it's putting down 113 thanks to awesome gearing with the ATX.

:mrgreen:

TINKRD

why spend money on the header and the intake if you're going to have to replace it when you put the "Srt4" motor in? I've never even looked at that motor, but i assume its like any other turbo setup.

unless you you plan on swapping the motors and not putting the turbo in it.

Bluefox2007

Once I get the SRT motor, the stock motor becomes a project motor. It'll be getting rebuilt from the inside out, and having the parts already on it saves me time. That motor will then go into anther car I'm looking at. :D

Bluefox2007

New cam coming in the mail in a week or so. :D

Exhaust manifold and cat are in, awaiting install.

Magnum intake manifold with working butterflies may be ordered in a week or so as well.