Jared's Camaro SS Restoration Thread!

J

Jared

Ok, so tomorrow begins my multi stage re-conditioning of my car. I went and got the estimate today and set up the appointment. Not going to be cheap, but the best work never is. Here is a break down of what my car is going to be getting in the next 90 days. I will be driving another car while work is being done on the Camaro.

NOT COMPLETED
COMPLETED

STAGE 1 - EXTERIOR
  1. Complete repaint of car. Every panel will be stripped and sanded, and car will be given new paint job from nose to tail. Special high luster PPG clear will be used on the car for added protection and more shine. Car will look better, and be smoother, than it was in the showroom in 1999.
  2. Powdercoat the Wheels. The wheels will be stripped down and blasted by RKC Sponsor "Topline Tim" and re-shot with artic white power and new clear.
  3. New Grill. New SS Grill from RKC Sponsor "Elite Spoilers".
  4. Complete Detail. RKC Sponsor "Tropicare Car Care" will be doing a competition detail on the paint, to make sure it is perfect and prepped for an indoor show. The paint will be flawless in every way.
  5. New Head-Lamps, and Tail Lamps. New assembly's to replace OEM assemblies that have collected oxidation and been deformed by heat over time.
  6. New Window Tint - RKC Site Sponsor "TRITEK" will be putting on brand new window tint on all windows.
STAGE 2 - INTERIOR
  1. All new white leather interior. All seats to be re-upholstered in new white leather/vinyl combination. Driver side seat to be replaced with new one.
  2. New SLP SS Floor Mats
  3. New White Gauge Overlays
  4. New stereo system by "NEW IMAGE AUTO SPORTS" - 2 12's, 4 Channel, Components, Tweeters, Re-Wire...
STAGE 3 - PERFORMANCE
  1. Heads/Mild Cam/Nitrous - Remote Bottle Opener - Gauges
  2. Kooks Headers and Custom Exhaust
  3. New High Performance Clutch
  4. G2 C5 Z06 Brake Swap Upgrade
  5. Wolf 6 Point Roll Cage (Custom Coated)
  6. G2 LCA's, Subframes, Panhard Bar
  7. New Bilstein Shocks
  8. Custom EFI Tune
  9. Drag Radials
MISC UPGRADES BEING CONSIDERED
  • New Wheels / Tires
  • HID Kit
  • HID Fog Kit
  • Passport ZR3 Lazer Shifter
  • Passport 8500
  • Valentine One
  • LS2 Swap instead of LS1
  • Uniden Scanner Hard Mounted
  • Sparco Racing Harnesses
What do you think? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsu

Phase 1 alone is over $4000

You gotta pay to play! :twisted:
:word:

It sounds badass, though, man. I can't wait to see it all done! Hopefully my "phase 1" of exterior mods should be completed by this summer... then the real modification will begin. :)

J

Jared

Yeah but you will never beat this Geo Metro :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aX3L9IinnqQ
:roll:

Im not building this to compete with the big dawgs. I just want to have a car with a nice set of NUTS so the leader of this organization has a car that looks as good as this site and all you members do.

Even as crappy as it is now, my camaro is STILL pretty famous, just because I own it. Imagine if the car was clean, quick, and had a perfect paint job and interior... a car that could win trophies, get 25mpg, and run a 11 second quarter mile... :twisted:

Thats what I want in a car. :thumbsup:

Chance 1

the drunk dude from LA
^^^^^^^^^HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHA breathe HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

damn the ss is getting a ton of work thats good to hear!!!

now i HAVE to get the t/a working so i can come up there and snap off an ss :D

J

Jared

^^^^^^^^^HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHA breathe HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

damn the ss is getting a ton of work thats good to hear!!!

now i HAVE to get the t/a working so i can come up there and snap off an ss :D
Bring it!

J

Jared

Niiiiiice.

(I kind of figured you would be skipping the trips to Mexico. :angel:)

I'd like to line up at the track with it once I get... a few things done. :D
You will need some help. God help you if I get the LS2 and a 9" rear. I will spray a 400 shot and kill everyone on this site. LOL