I really want a sled, what's out there for a decent price?

SSGZ06

Don't buy a triple, there is a reason they quit making them. Dans sled is solid, plus everything has been rebuilt. If Dan sells his before you get your money together take a look at the Polaris XC's. My dad has a 500 that pretty much beat everything on that trip we took to Mike Dixons cabin, they would be comparable to Dans sled other than his is totally rebuilt.

Fotoboy

Don't buy a triple, there is a reason they quit making them. Dans sled is solid, plus everything has been rebuilt. If Dan sells his before you get your money together take a look at the Polaris XC's. My dad has a 500 that pretty much beat everything on that trip we took to Mike Dixons cabin, they would be comparable to Dans sled other than his is totally rebuilt.

Thx for the props :thumbsup:

fast98

what kind of power is your 4 stroke making? most of them that I am familar with are in the 120 range without a turbo which makes them run about like a 2 stroke 600. Fotoboy will tell you I walked his old 4 stroke 1000 skidoo with my old 600 when we ran down a field one afternoon.
Most of the nytro's dyno between 130-140, mine made 158.7 w/a couple basic mods. To me the Yamaha nytro's 1049cc FI motor is the finest 4stroke out there with its throttle response and insane flat torque curve plus they have been proven to be very reliable. To me its a no brainier. People can talk about how heavy they are but i have shaved 50 pounds off my sled this off season and in the 1.2 miles i ripped around the yard it is a huge difference, although it still doesnt compare to my GF's rev-xp.