I really want a sled, what's out there for a decent price?

Fotoboy

My wording was bad, way down low with equal CC size in a similar sled they might make more for the simple fact by design they don't rev as high as a triple. I was just making a suggestion that he may like a twin better than a triple for trails due to the fact they are usually a smoother power delivery.

:thumbsup:
with all this bench racing stats I sure hope you have owned and ridden a fair amount of sleds.

One Eyed Jim

My Liver is Divorcing Me
Not in the last few years, but from a child to 2006. I literally was riding my first kitty cat in the yard a little before my third birthday.

3 Kitty Cats
1 Ski Doo Elan
1 Ski Doo Touring E 380 fan
1 MXZ 440 LC
1 MXZ 583
1 Formula Z 670
1 Mach 1 700 triple

Also, I never gave any statistical or quantifiable information and if I did please she me where? I was told I was wrong so I tried to explain the physics behind it, obviously I did not do a good enough job.

Just that as a general rule of thumb twins are an easier to ride trail sled just due to the inherent differences in the rpm range between the twin and triple. To which you even agreed with me above.

Not that there is a huge difference but it is present. Coincidentally, Troy is looking around those years for sleds.

Last edited:

rawfish

I think you can still find very good deals right now, especially with the sleds your looking at. Most of those sleds are not even listed in the summer.

I know I should have opted for a sled months ago, but I was blowing money on other shit.

Now I have some money to spare, and a little more next month and I'd rather not miss another season.

If I buy right, I can still list mine next fall/winter and break even, then upgrade to something even nicer.

Fotoboy

I think you can still find very good deals right now, especially with the sleds your looking at. Most of those sleds are not even listed in the summer.

deals are still out there but deals come alot of times w issues. I alway plan on a few issues when buying. Im not letting mine go for free, I know its a good sled, Ive been though everything on it. If I dont sell it Ill keep it for a backup.....but my wife would rather me sell it lol

rawfish

Their you go Troy ^^^ And if it turns out to be a POS you can make him park by the hondas next year! lol

Fotoboy

nice! I love how the newer doo's look. I have a 08 apex LTX, 08 Nytro FX, and a 08 Phazer

thats right, your the Yami guy. Ive been wanting a 4 stroke again but not sure if Ill be happy being they are heavier and deliver power different

rawfish

I went from skidoo to 4 stroke yami and love it. The reliability and power is just amazing. Allot of people had said it has no low end power but its doesn't seem true. These sleds pull hard all the way to redline. The power band seems very linear, and just goes and goes.

Its like comparing a BBC to a B16 their just is no comparison.

rawfish

you need a turbo 4 stroke bud.
I've thought about it allot but damn these things stock are rocket ships and I don't think with a turbo I would need or use the power since i'm not mt climbing.

But it would be fun and sound cool as hell!

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
I've thought about it allot but damn these things stock are rocket ships and I don't think with a turbo I would need or use the power since i'm not mt climbing.

But it would be fun and sound cool as hell!
what kind of power is your 4 stroke making? most of them that I am familar with are in the 120 range without a turbo which makes them run about like a 2 stroke 600. Fotoboy will tell you I walked his old 4 stroke 1000 skidoo with my old 600 when we ran down a field one afternoon.

goodhart

herpity derpity derp
mmmmmmmm turbo RX-1

I would want a wider stance on one of those if I turboed it though. so tippy.

goodhart

herpity derpity derp
I hate that the prices of used ones have shot up ever since I sold mine 2.5 years ago too. I sold my 1997 Polaris Indy 500 with 1800 miles and it MINT condition for $1,000. Sleds weren't worth dick back then, and I never rode it anymore, and needed a little bit of cash with a kid on the way. Shoulda just held onto it.

Fotoboy

what kind of power is your 4 stroke making? most of them that I am familar with are in the 120 range without a turbo which makes them run about like a 2 stroke 600. Fotoboy will tell you I walked his old 4 stroke 1000 skidoo with my old 600 when we ran down a field one afternoon.
I think the yams are like 130-140 hp w a flat tq curve. My 4 stroke was 700 lb dry and 80 hp but would hang a little w some (not yours) 600's and most 500's. Power is put down different. Turbo 4 stroke would be bad ass.