I Found It At Last! Again?

jmartin

Mustang Junkie
Thanksgiving week November 2008 was a day that I lost my beloved 97 Mustang GT, Moe. I thought I may never see it again, but last summer I stop to take a look at a Stang. Low and behold it was Moe. Moe had spent sometime it good Ol' Mississippi. Moe had already been sold to his next owner the day before. I sad my good byes disappointed I was too late. Well two weeks ago Moe sent me a letter,well the Mobile PD did, that he was in the impound yard and said the VIN came back to me. WTF? i haven't owned that car for two years.Well today I stop too check out a Stang I saw at a dealership. Low and behold it was Moe. Moe had a surprise for me. He had a new motor with only 42k on it from SN197. Ask the guy what price and how much of a DP. 4900 with 1200dn. Needless to say I will bust my ass to reunite for good with my old buddy Moe. Things happen for a reason right? Well then how the hell can you reunite with what was your favorite car. That you lost because your life hit a bad turn of events, and not be meant too get it back.

Last edited:

jmartin

Mustang Junkie
I could beat the shit out of whatever fucking ricer had it . Painted the damn interior trim pieces blue, and use fucking wire to barely hold a bottom grill insert on,. The blue is miles from matching.Not to mention it looks like it was done by a two year old. Poor Moe no wonder he wants too come back so bad. At least I took good care of him.

Tyler

GTO's suck
I could beat the shit out of whatever fucking ricer had it . Painted the damn interior trim pieces blue, and use fucking wire to barely hold a bottom grill insert on,. The blue is miles from matching.Not to mention it looks like it was done by a two year old. Poor Moe no wonder he wants too come back so bad. At least I took good care of him.
and they want $5k for it?!

jmartin

Mustang Junkie
Well I have said good bye to Moe for the last time. Why you ask? The fucking dealer flat out fin lied to me not once but twice about the motor. May Moe RIP. On the up side I found a sweet ass black 2001 GT with a five speed manual trans, and some sort of aftermarket exhaust not sure which brand. It's not ready for sale yet, but I look forward to dubbing it Moe The 2nd.

toyotanos

I <3 Alky fuel
What were they saying about the motor?
Sounds a lot like something my used car manager would do... :/

jmartin

Mustang Junkie
What were they saying about the motor?
Sounds a lot like something my used car manager would do... :/
First off two years ago they said they rebuilt it. Then told me last week they put a new motor with 42k miles on it. Long story short it still had the same knock it had when I lost it. Also it started to shudder at 50mph like it was going to stall 3/4 mile down the road. I turned around at the next gas station then it almost stalled at the red light. A two mile test drive told me all I needed to know. The car needs serious work not a band aid, and they want $4900. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that buys it.

BigBird1911

Not sure if it's just due to different areas of he country, but $7k seems VERY high for an 01 with 160k+ miles on it.
Here in SC, I picked up my 01 Bullitt for $7800 from a private party, but it only had 82k on the dash.
It may just be different in your area, price wise, but I'd look for something with lower mileage if they can be had for that price in Alabama.