Hope is not lost yet

rawfish

This was updated today from accuweaters site!!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweathercom-20112012-winter-1/58451

Winter Still Looking Brutal for the Midwest
Pastelok and the Long-Range Forecasting Team still think Old Man Winter will leave the biggest impression on the northern Rockies, northern Plains and the Midwest.
It will be a snowier-than-usual season for the Midwest, which will lie to the north and west of the frequent storm track, or in the "sweet spot" of the storms.
Typical of a La Niña year, the harshest cold will blast the northern Plains and northern Rockies. Although this may be the case this season, cold air masses will sink farther south and east at times.
One thing that has changed with AccuWeather.com's initial Winter 2011-2012 Forecast is the expectations for a cold December in the Midwest and Northeast. The frequency and period of arctic cold is lower than earlier expected.
Therefore, temperatures for the winter season as a whole are predicted to average slightly higher for the Midwest and Northeast with December not being quite so cold.
Minneapolis and Chicago lie in the heart of where the worst of winter is expected with above-normal snowfall and colder-than-normal conditions predicted. Cold blasts will be longer lasting from late December into January.
Snowfall will be well above normal for cities such as Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland and possibly Pittsburgh.
Farther south, closer to the storm track, some icing events can occur along the Ohio River back to northeastern Texas. Pastelok stressed that this will be most likely during January.

240Dragon

No Quid Pro Quo.
4+ inches friday night , I just want cold for Ice fishing I don't own a sled yet so no trail fun for me

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
already beat a f1000 w my stockish 600 so Im sure it wil be easy prey:cool:;)
it doesn't count if you pull their plug wires before the race.... I seem to remember your 600 throwing in the towel and melting down in a field trying to run with the big boys last year..... ;)

Fotoboy

it doesn't count if you pull their plug wires before the race.... I seem to remember your 600 throwing in the towel and melting down in a field trying to run with the big boys last year..... ;)

lol thats a low blow brah:lmao: and I never ran your sled. Stock or not 174 hp that sled should be a beast!:thumbsup:

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
its decent but I don't think it feels as fast as it should. Guessing a few simple mods would probably really wake it up but I feel like if i go down the modding path it will break and I'll just regret it.

Fotoboy

its decent but I don't think it feels as fast as it should. Guessing a few simple mods would probably really wake it up but I feel like if i go down the modding path it will break and I'll just regret it.
Well if u do the right things, studs, gears, clutches etc.... It will still be reliable wo touching the engine. I'm ordering a etg sensors and a coolant gauge for my sled. That will cover tune, and etg can tell me if I blow a crank case seal out too. The head I bought just improves cooling that was a issue w the 800's. The pistons are a improvement going dual over single. Also the ecu being recurved help out a lot. I have a snocross track too coming so that should scare the shit out of me for a while.

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member
I could clutch it but I think pretty much everything else requires tuning.

I was thinking about throwing a new set of skis on it to make it handle a bit better in the corners.

Fotoboy

I was thinking about throwing a new set of skis on it to make it handle a bit better in the corners.
Is gearing worth doing? I know Matt put a new track on his and he loves it. I put new skis on the 600 last year and it was night and day.

hight3chredneck

I has a mullet

My dad put new skis on his, we will see if it helps.

I think a better track from stock would help it hook up and really rip here out of the hole. I know the 1" track does better for top end but i think an 1.25" or 3/8 would be sweet. but with 500 miles not too worried about it.

Even though it is a heavy sled the Fox Floats make it pure sex on any terrain.

Fotoboy

My dad put new skis on his, we will see if it helps.

I think a better track from stock would help it hook up and really rip here out of the hole. I know the 1" track does better for top end but i think an 1.25" or 3/8 would be sweet. but with 500 miles not too worried about it.

Even though it is a heavy sled the Fox Floats make it pure sex on any terrain.
W a big cc sled I don't think it's gonna make that much difference on the top end. I have hpg rebuildable on my sled been thinking of getting the piggy back ones.