help me mod my vic

specialk

THE MAN
sup guys i want to know opinions on what i can do on a budget with my 2000 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L V8. anything and everything suspension to motor. even exterior stuff like paint, hoods, wheels, etc...

93NotchLX

PI swap, Hitech Stage II cams, full exaust, TB, CAI, 4:10 gears, tune, and maybe a little spray.

Exterior wise, I would personally leave it. I like the cop car look. But some Bullitt wheels and tint (if it doesn't have it) would make it look like a whole different car.

specialk

THE MAN
ive got a airaid throttle body spacer and flowtech dual catback exhaust...i was looking for a cold air intake but couldnt find one other than k&n. i just dont want k&n. i have looked everywhere.its got about 260 hp i want between 300-350hp nothing over the top... its my daily driver

Darkp71

visit crownvic.net we can help you due to memebers specializing in our cars,

a 2001 cvpi engine. a MZT, underdrives, a 100 shot, and a j mod are my picks

93NotchLX

visit crownvic.net we can help you due to memebers specializing in our cars,

a 2001 cvpi engine. a MZT, underdrives, a 100 shot, and a j mod are my picks
Why not do a PI head and intake swap instead of the whole motor? That way he could get the same top end, along with the compression bump?

Darkp71

Why not do a PI head and intake swap instead of the whole motor? That way he could get the same top end, along with the compression bump?

well for me it was cheaper, ADTR has a kit for a PI swap but the trouble that its worth you might as well just get a newer engine. plus it easier to use a 2001 pcm than to get a tune.

Last edited:

Darkp71

ive got a airaid throttle body spacer and flowtech dual catback exhaust...i was looking for a cold air intake but couldnt find one other than k&n. i just dont want k&n. i have looked everywhere.its got about 260 hp i want between 300-350hp nothing over the top... its my daily driver

let me help.... throttle body spacer= useless, its not a carb car

cat back exhaust= good, and long tube headers can help even more

cold air intake< MZT (M- 80mm maf from a 04 cvpi or 03-04 marauder, Z- ziptube to fit the maf, T- tune to allow the maf to work)

260 hp? haha not with the mods you have buddy. a 2000 has 215 hp and a 2001-2003 has 235, the 04+ have 250

my suggestion is to get a few bolt ons and a 100 shot of nitrous which will cost you $427.xx for a kit and a heater, all you would need is a pressure gauge.

you could build a Supercharged/ turbo charged vic but it will cost 6k+

and you could make a NA car without nitrous but you will pay 10k +

a great investment would be a diet.

lighter seats (if yours is like mine the front have steel plates to prevent a knife stabing from behind)

lighter steering wheel without an airbag.

lighter rims (steel isnt light)

and if you do a pi swap use a 2002 long block assembly from a explorer (they are aluminum and weigh 90 lbs less)

the best investment may have nothing to do with the engine, such as a jmod which gives better shifts, steeper gears for acceleration (i assume you have 3.55, you need 3.73), locked differential to get off the line better (assuming you dont already have this)

check you door code and look at axle. R2 is 3.55 open, DK is 3.55 locked

tell us which you have.

specialk

THE MAN

cold air intake< MZT (M- 80mm maf from a 04 cvpi or 03-04 marauder, Z- ziptube to fit the maf, T- tune to allow the maf to work)

260 hp? haha not with the mods you have buddy. a 2000 has 215 hp and a 2001-2003 has 235, the 04+ have 250

my suggestion is to get a few bolt ons and a 100 shot of nitrous which will cost you $427.xx for a kit and a heater, all you would need is a pressure gauge.

lighter seats (if yours is like mine the front have steel plates to prevent a knife stabing from behind)

and if you do a pi swap use a 2002 long block assembly from a explorer (they are aluminum and weigh 90 lbs less)

the best investment may have nothing to do with the engine, such as a jmod which gives better shifts, steeper gears for acceleration (i assume you have 3.55, you need 3.73), locked differential to get off the line better (assuming you dont already have this)

tell us which you have.
R2

specialk

THE MAN

tell us which you have.
do headers for the 2000 sohc 4.6 mustang gt fit, or is there alot of fabrication involved. will they fit same to the block in the same bolt holes???

specialk

THE MAN
PaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers

(2000 Ford Mustang | Change Vehicle)

Sample Image Shown (Actual Part May Differ)

List Price:$399.95-$652.95AutoAnything:$283.95-$463.95 Shipping:Free ShippingAvailability:Select options below for availability

Financing:

Buy Now. Pay Later. Details.

Customer Rating:http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/#customerReview (7 Reviews)
Submodel:Fits the GT 4.6L SOHC Engine

Easy Returns
1-Year Lower Price Guarantee
Secure Shopping

Select options for your 2000 Ford Mustang

PaceSetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers Select options to see availability.
Select Style... Armor Coat - $463.95 Black - $283.95

You May Also Like

Gibson Exhaust Performance Header From $393.95 Free Shipping
Rating (37)

PaceSetter Headers From $141.95 Free Shipping
Rating (44)

You May Also Like

PaceSetter H-Pipes
From $141.95
Free Shipping
Rating http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2829A0A0.aspx#customerReview (6)

Select your vehicle first for a more accurate comparison.

http://www.autoanything.com/Cart/Cart.aspx

Your shopping cart is currently empty.

http://www.autoanything.com/Account/Home.aspx

• Access exclusive offers
  • Track your orders
  • It's fast, easy and secure
http://www.autoanything.com/Account/Index.aspx http://www.autoanything.com/Account/CreateAccount.aspx

javascript:switchTab('PDMAN_s','PDMAN');switchTabContent('AE794DA2C471058570FF37B124837888042857D8015832CC68992DBCEC6F0425EFB3E8499DD4AFAB2FF07FF55A7D198E1901878E6DD9604BA222ADAA7D245AC5');

Features

• PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers are specialized for high-horsepower off-road only use in your truck or SUV
  • Custom-made specifically for your year, make and model truck or SUV
  • PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers are engineered to enter the collector in proper sequence for maximum exhaust scavenging
  • Forged from mandrel-bent 16-gauge mild steel tubing with your choice of protective finishes:
  • Black paint (standard): Double-layered protective black paint is cured to a smooth finish. The paint provides solid protection against corrosion during the storage process.
  • Armor*Coat: PaceSetter's exclusive Armor*Coat process utilizes two layers of metallic-ceramic protection that's cured at a searing 2000°F. It won't discolor like paint, chrome or dull coatings, and keeps under-hood temperatures lower.
  • PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers employ CNC-machined 3/8" thick steel flanges that are matched to exhaust port profiles for optimum seal and flow
  • Uses flash-controlled 16-gauge carbon steel primaries that provide greater durability than light gauge stainless steel primaries
  • PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers feature optimized tube length and diameter for flow and best performance increase
  • O2 sensor fittings are custom-bored or integrated with each header
  • PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers come complete with the necessary gaskets and fasteners for installation
  • Made right here in the USA
  • Optimized for restriction-free performance and off-road use only
  • Your PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers carry a 3-year warranty
Description

Off-road exhaust performance is within reach with these PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers. Not only are efficient flow, heavy sound and complete durability packed into the roaring long-tube design, but PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers are uniquely economical.

Smog-legal headers are too restrictive for off-road performance. That's why PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers are specifically engineered to cultivate power and eases under-hood temperatures.

PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers are always built to last and seal tight. Each uses 16-gauge mandrel-bent mild steel with thick flanges. Your choice of protective coatings finish each Header: black paint or PaceSetter Headers' exclusive Armor*Coat.

For straightforward installation, PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers bolt into place using included gaskets and the original factory bolts. Best yet, your PaceSetter Quik-Trip Long Tube Headers carry a 3-year warranty.

Darkp71

do headers for the 2000 sohc 4.6 mustang gt fit, or is there alot of fabrication involved. will they fit same to the block in the same bolt holes???

due to the stuff in the way longtube headers would not be a direct fit and some modifications will be needed and the cost is too much for the small hp gain really

adtr.net has experience with panthers and i would suggest contacting chris for additional info.

join crownvic.net and we can help explain in detail ways to bump hp... russ is a member of both CVN and RKC but i haven't seen him pop in this topic yet.... weird

specialk

THE MAN
due to the stuff in the way longtube headers would not be a direct fit and some modifications will be needed and the cost is too much for the small hp gain really

adtr.net has experience with panthers and i would suggest contacting chris for additional info.

join crownvic.net and we can help explain in detail ways to bump hp... russ is a member of both CVN and RKC but i haven't seen him pop in this topic yet.... weird
i tried to get an account with crownvic.net and i tried a mega shit ton of names and it denied all of them...... wtf???????????!!!!!!!!!!!