gonna get tortured

bighead33

i know im gonna get some grief from some guys here but im new here and here i go. i just got a 87 chrysler conquest tsi with a 88 ford 5.0 intercooled turbo. im having issues with the starter. it isnt cathing the flywheel all the way. it will start after it grinds bout 5 trys. ive heard that that year 5.0 mustang engines had flywheel issues. anyone know that to be true? always been a chevy guy{this is the grief part} but the car is bad ass and couldnt pass it up. guess im a convert. thanks for any responses

OneSloZ

Did It For The Lulz
It's ether teeth on flywheel or teeth on starter unless the starter isn't bolted on all the way

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
^ Probably not shimed properly or wrong starter. Pull it and look at the wear pattern on the flywheel and starter drive gear.

bighead33

theres no inspection plate on tranny so i can see the flywheel n i dont see any teeth missing or tore up so im gonna check the starter i guess. had someone tellin me before it was common problem with the flywheels so just thought id see if anyone else had heard that. thanx

Slow 6

:lol: there's no shimming a 5.0 starter. You bolt it on and go. It's not like a Chevy.