Free powder coating...

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by TC Powderworks, Oct 7, 2009.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1

TC Powderworks

TC Powderworks

TC Powderworks

Powdercoating done here!

Powder coating and sand blasting of almost anything automotive and anything else metal.

I have been blasting and coating for some time, mostly my own parts and for friends.
    I have a small landscape business that gets much slower in the winter, we do plowing but I have a feeling this winter will be slow due to weather and the economy.
    I have done all of the powder coating on my 82 Trans-Am and a few parts from other cars, I have done lots for my neighbors race cars (dirt modified), and various friends cars.
    I have the ability to coat up to say 22” rims or similar in size.
    Basically any color is available in gloss or matte (flat) finishes. I have the basics on hand now, (matte black, gloss red, gloss white and gloss yellow)
    Some metallic’s, and clears as well. Average powder to do a pair of large rims costs @ 12.00+/- depending on the color. Basic colors are less then fancy colors or finishes. Colors I don’t have on hand I can get in less than a week, and if this picks up, I’ll stock more “customs and exotics”
    I don’t have a whole lot of sample pictures, never took that many when doing it before, that and as most of the parts I’ve done is already in use and not all shiny new for pictures.
    To get my name out there I’d be willing to take on a few powder coating jobs on for free (minus the cost of materials of course) so I have fresh “recent” photos to display my work. I would only require the parts be disassembled and clean, if sand blasting is needed to remove paint, corrosion, or prior powder coating then I would have to charge a small fee, we can work out the details.
    Most work can be turned around in less than a week, and in some cases same or next day.
    If interested, please text, call or email me @
    Jwdominick@yahoo.com or 612-437-9914

I am just behind Albertville Mall off 94 so I’m convenient and local too!
    Thanks guys and gals!
    -Jeremy

2. Oct 7, 2009 #2

Bjorne043

Bjorne043

Bjorne043

I'd like to have my rims redone or coated black, we should talk

3. Oct 7, 2009 #3

TC Powderworks

TC Powderworks

TC Powderworks

Powdercoating done here!

My info is posted lmk when ypu are ready

4. Oct 8, 2009 #4

Marcus

Marcus

Marcus

I wouldn't mind having my wheels done bronze. Tempting. No sample pics at all?

5. Oct 8, 2009 #5

Jared

Jared

Jared

Just pointing out that you are breaking RKC policy by soliciting your business without being a sponsor. Even "for free" your hope obviously is to use that buzz to eventually generate business based off of referrals, which would then generate you revenue. Nothing wrong with that ambition, only that you are not a sponsor.

HOWEVER, seeing as though you are a RKC member in good standing, and also that you are in MN where we are still growing, I will allow this. I only ask that should you get to the point where you are making enough business to "step up a level" that you consider becoming a sponsor here. MN gets special rates, contact Nick Dolan (BlownSVT) for more information. He can handle all sponsorship requests and arrangements.

Thanks for the cool offer for our great MN RKC members!!!

6. Oct 8, 2009 #6

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

I know you see me as a smart ass here and there. and I'm new here. But in the small time frame I've been a register member this site stands out, in a bad way. Not the folks.

Before you solicits for sponsors, you should figure out how to avoid 72 hour site outages. And 10 second request response times before you talk. Kinda a hypocritical don't ya think? I mean, I'd be PISSED if I had dump money in to advertising and the damn site was broke for days on end..

Just my 2 cents. :)

7. Oct 8, 2009 #7

Jared

Jared

Jared

Well Mr. Czerak, I am happy to have your valuable input here in this members thread about some ideas we can use to improve things on RKC. Your carefully thought opinions will surly assist me in making decisions in the future. Thank you for your input.

Thankfully for the member in question, no sponsorship is being solicited, nor is anything being asked for. Rather, I am breaching my own rules because this member is a good man, whom has shown respect and integrity with his posts. Such a sponsor would be a valuable asset to the RKC members of the MN region. Should he choose to do that, all negotiation will in fact go through Nick Dolan, not me. For all I know Nick will charge him $1 a year, thats not my decision. I do however know that even $1 would be more than what you have financially contributed to the site Mr. Czerak, so I do personally feel your own comments about the sites debandibility to be a bit unfounded since you have no basis or reason to state these claims. You use the site for free every day. Always have.

Should Jeremy have any questions or concerns he knows he can contact Nick or myself and we will work as quickly as possible to resolve that for him. I for one was very proud to see him offer his services for nothing more than the cost of materials. I hope he can get the attention he deserves from this offer.

-Jared

8. Oct 8, 2009 #8

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

How do you suppose my comments about site "debandibility" to be unfounded? Because I use it for free? Or are you suggesting I haven't a clue what a "tcp" packet is, so I'm just some "dumb user"? Not exactly what what you are hinting at there.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  9. Oct 8, 2009 #9

Dan

Dan

Dan

Doing 100

That's enough. Let's keep the thread relevant to the OP, if you have any "advice or suggestions", please post them in the "RKC Advice/Suggestions" forum.

Thanks.

10. Oct 8, 2009 #10

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

JasonCzerak

I believe I did post a thread there, never showed up. ok, I'm done. Made me smile for the day.

heh.

11. Oct 8, 2009 #11

Jared

Jared

Jared

Jason, thank you once again for uncanny ability to point out ways to improve RKC. This time your terrific sense of awareness has spotted my juvenile error of misspelling the word "Dependability" with the incorrect text "Debandibility". I will make sure in the future to check my submissions in detail before sharing with the members! :)

I do not recall using the term "TCP" nor suggesting anyone's level of intellectual ability. I merely believe that although your comments about a paying sponsor deserving the site to be up 100% of the time are indeed true, from your position of a regular site member the site being up or not is purely a convenience for you to enjoy. In the case of Jeremy the powder-coater, I believe he and he alone is in a position to speak in regard to the supposed site dependability and the advantages he could someday have as a full fledged site sponsor.

Again, I am thankful for your concern and your input. I will take what you have said into consideration.

12. Oct 8, 2009 #12

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member

I saw this thread last night and was going to close it down but i also let it slide because it was a free offering and sounded more like something he does on the side rather than a true business offering for profit. Thank you for offering this service to the group for the low low price of free :lol: We could certainly use more local sponsors in the MN region so if that becomes a point of interest to you please do contact Jared or myself.

13. Oct 8, 2009 #13

Jared

Jared

Jared

:thumbsup:

14. Oct 8, 2009 #14

Bjorne043

Bjorne043

Bjorne043

Ill be in touch, it sounds like I'm trading my stock wheels for some 18" black wheels that will need to be redone since they have a red pin stripe that I don't want.

Also, Nick, is there a place where we can find local sponsors on here? I was looking last night and all I could seem to find were sponsors from Texas, which is great and all, but doesn't help us much up here.

Thanks

15. Oct 8, 2009 #15

Big Show

Big Show

Big Show

RKC Official VP of MN Region

the only sponsor we have currently is APS in shokopee

16. Oct 8, 2009 #16

Jared

Jared

Jared

SSS & NTB

17. Oct 8, 2009 #17

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member

Does NTB have retail locations in MN because i thought i looked on the map that was posted one time and there are none by us at all.

18. Oct 8, 2009 #18

Big Show

Big Show

Big Show

RKC Official VP of MN Region

Speed Shop Specialties is no longer in business and was a joke to begin with.

what is NTB?

19. Oct 8, 2009 #19

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member

there is nothing yet that designates the region of a sponsor. Maybe we should just create a thread of sponsors for our region that we can make a sticky. as mentioned there are only a couple right now but that could change as the group grows.

20. Oct 8, 2009 #20

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Blownsvt

Original RKC MN Member

i was going to say i thought SSS closed down.

NTB is national tire and battery. i just checked and there are no NTB locations within 150 miles. the closest ones are in Iowa and south dakota and those are their sister company Big O tires. The closest Tire kingdom/NTB location is in illinois.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009