DVD player trouble

rice_picker

Hey all

I have purchased a cheap Chinese dvd player double din for a total of $109 lol

now i used to work in the industry but i ALWAYS used to go with nice single din Alpine / eclipse etc back then and the cheap crap went to customers and yea

i have owned a cheap Nesa vison dvd player in the past and was happy for 3 years of use

Now this one i am happy it seems to compare to the low end sony / pioneer dvd units

the Problem i am having is , at low volume and when paused it makes a ticking sound like a clock very feint but when you have it louder then normal talking volume it seems to droun it out and its fine

i have put a decent 2nd ground in , now ? lol what could it be , i don't drive the car / use it so i cant exactly make use of the 1 year warranty

could it be the internal amp ? if so if it gets alot worse i don't mind Amping my speakers

Sorry for this bitch i just am ashamed of this all

frakkin toaster

...pop the hood!
do you have an phone/mp3 player hooked up to for music? could be interference from that. even having a phone around tv's and radios makes a similar noise.

at pause the ticking sound could be the laser lens trying to keep it in place...kinda the same sound some game systems make when loading games.

rice_picker

Nah doing it thru USB and yea also on pause , hmm may have to see if its the phone doing it , i haven't driven yet as a leg don't work lol

But i just don't want it going worse in a few years time when i drive the car n get license back n realize my 1 year warranty is gone lol

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
So it's crappy, buy a nice Radio enjoy it, buy a crappy radio to put in when you sell it. Besides JVC doesn't cost much for what you get, and they are reliable and sound good. If you buy garbage for a hundred you are out a hundred and have garbage. If you spend 200 for. A good but inexpensive unit, you have a good unit.

I once asked a poor farmer I knew why he bought Levi's Jeans instead of the cheap Mexican Jeans. He said he couldn't afford to. He said cheap jeans are for people who have money to buy new ones when they wear out. Levi's are for people who need their jeans to last.

Last edited:

rice_picker

So it's crappy, buy a nice Radio enjoy it, buy a crappy radio to put in when you sell it. Besides JVC doesn't cost much for what you get, and they are reliable and sound good. If you buy garbage for a hundred you are out a hundred and have garbage. If you spend 200 for. A good but inexpensive unit, you have a good unit.

I once asked a poor farmer I knew why he bought Levi's Jeans instead of the cheap Mexican Jeans. He said he couldn't afford to. He said cheap jeans are for people who have money to buy new ones when they wear out. Levi's are for people who need their jeans to last.
Well i will see how it goes i got a good $350 Sony med range unit which they have gone crap in quality the past few years

i shall make friends with someone on this forum and pay them for there time to send me one il pay for it

rice_picker

yea thats true , ehh for the cash its fine as long as this noise dont get any worse im happy.

Have worked in the car audio industry and compared to some of the units from major brands this one is not to bad seems like china have upped there game since 07

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
Ricepicker is an Aussie so the brands he has access to may not be the same. I like JVC, Clarion, Panasonic in my experience they are the brands which are the best value, IE highest quality for what you spend on them. Currently high on JVC.

rice_picker

Ricepicker is an Aussie so the brands he has access to may not be the same. I like JVC, Clarion, Panasonic in my experience they are the brands which are the best value, IE highest quality for what you spend on them. Currently high on JVC.
Thanks for that but i got no excuse actually just im tight

But yea we do luckily get those brands just never knew panasonic made head units lately probably a US thing