Does anyone here actually go to a track

Jaime

I never gone to the track before to actually race, and even if i wanted to race my bike it doesnt get up very fast...

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
Ill be heading to msr with a buddy on oct 1. We will be trailoring the bikes out there. T gk ough im not sure how much room we will have.

Im hoping to have my tires and brakes by then.
If the instructors are smart, they'll keep your ass in the pits....

frakkin toaster

...pop the hood!
i checked into joining msr in cresson. been out there several times to watch the bikes & cars race. its like a country club...costs almost $5000 to join, plus a monthly fee. there is also a fee eveytime you use the track + more fees if you want enter races or take friends....

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
You gotta pay to play there. And if you can't, you could always sign up for an Apex event. A lot cheaper & a great way to learn the track.

We'll be out there the 30th, actually, to run my buddy's Elise.

bullet13

I use to race at hallett a lot and it was a really good track and great people running it. They also have an msr course and there are no membership fees

ANORXIC'51

Yep. I've tracked every bike I've owned since starting riding in 2010. 2 DCTC (DCTC is a small road course 1 mile long w/17 turns) ARCs on the '09 Ninja 250R, 1 DCTC ARC and a trackschool @ BIR on the '08 GSX-R600, and 1 DCTC ARC on the '08 848.

DCTC on the G6 after about 600 miles experience on it:

ZARS Trackschool 1 @ BIR (~1000 miles of seat time on the bike prior)

DCTC on the near-stock 848 after I had it for a week.....not confidence-inspiring at all....as I was already accustomed to how an I4 600 felt on track. :-/

For the 2012 season I kick off by going to Infineon Raceway in CA in a month for Levels 1 & 2 of California Superbike School (using their BMW S1000RR) on April 2 & 3, then a trackday at Road America in WI at the end of May, Jason Pridmore STAR School at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans on June 4, possibly a BIR (Brainerd Int'l Raceway) trackday on June 9, back-to-back trackdays @ BIR on July 21-22, and the final trackday @ BIR on Sep 3.

Hope to make some real progress this season on the new-to-me bike....both in confidence and skill level. :)

-Christian

willieswonka06

Custom User Title
i checked into joining msr in cresson. been out there several times to watch the bikes & cars race. its like a country club...costs almost $5000 to join, plus a monthly fee. there is also a fee eveytime you use the track + more fees if you want enter races or take friends....
yea it is expensive. i have a friend with an executive group like membership which you could actually sign for and have a guest driver for certain sessions at like 15$ a 30 minute session? i dont remember all the details its been a while. If you ever want to road trip to three sisters area perhaps for a little public road action let me know. Can trailer and I got pucks.

Last edited: