Does anyone have a s/c on a stock 5.0

Discussion in 'Mustangs & Fords' started by 91 Fox, Oct 12, 2009.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Dec 16, 2009 #41

Vader

Vader

Vader

ahhhh... makes sense now, my bad. It seems turbo guys stick with turbo guys as you supercharger guys also stick together. But lets be realistic, this argument has been covered a few times. Sorry we got off to a bad start, but that "retarded statement" statement, was a little ridiculous. Mainly as I hadn't attacked anyone at that point. So theres my appology, don't think too much of it.
    I'll just remember never to say anything that may be perceived as negative regarding SC's when your around. LOL

Fonzie, I remember your car in your sig from awhile back and the original build (which I'm sure is long gone since that server crash). My setup runs good for what it is. (hci, stock long block, teamz susp. t70 on 10-16lbs depending and tuned by me and Jace (86lxnotch on ttf, the guy with the blue 4eye 408 101mm) I won't give #'s but not many believe it until they see it).

Yeah ttf is one of my favs to, they actually focus on cars and real tech sometimes. Whats up with your car?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. Dec 16, 2009 #42

Fonzie

Fonzie

Fonzie

now has a lighter version

lol.. SC guys are big cry babies.. :lol: but anyways.

Oh yeah I had the ebay headers at first (junk) than we flipped some shorties.. I don't know if you ever saw that build thread.

My car is sitting in the driveway at the moment.. been annoying me so I haven't really messed with it lately. It runs good when it's at operating temp.. otherwise it sputters and falls on its face which is a pain in the ass.. I need to get it on the dyno and see the real what the air/fuel looks like. I think it's running too rich at idle, although I can't run it too lean without risking WOT.. which is what I'm more concerned with anyways lol How'd you tune your car?

3. Dec 16, 2009 #43

800Phelps

800Phelps

800Phelps

grandstang

that's where you and fonzie have me all wrong. i dont "hang out with other S/C guys" and the S/C is actually up for sale. either way it's whatever.
    and broke down TT guys are not? yeah ok fonzo. it's ok i would be angry at the world if i still looked like a 14 year old.

you guys can bash on S/C all day, but remember you are in a thread started by someone wanting a S/C so maybe you guy should keep your TT is god crap to yourself, because i don't think the title says "what is the greater power adder.

4. Dec 16, 2009 #44

Vader

Vader

Vader

Wide band and timing/fuel pressure. I had a timing lock for awhile, but sold it to fund an ems with epm and cop. That fell through so I went the ghetto route. It works great at wot, but egt's are high at part throttle and a/r at tip-in is wacky, funny thing is that its on a safe tune right now locked at like 17-18% with 50lbs of fp. I want to go to a th400 or 4l60e, that would be nice.

I saw the ebay and the flipped shorty build actually. I might be selling my kit soon. I'm planning on a 427w single 91mm or 101mm in the car soon.

5. Dec 16, 2009 #45

Vader

Vader

Vader

Thats where you made your mistake, "perceived as negative" It was not meant to bash SC's ( I stated that I've had a few and enjoyed them).
    Yes I used the "greater than sign" as a way to say I prefered turbos (as well as answering the OPs ?), you missunderstood that and said it was retarded, why IDK. Have fun.

6. Dec 16, 2009 #46

Fonzie

Fonzie

Fonzie

I should probably just get my wideband put back in the car.. I was having issues with the lc1 so I had to send it back :lol: I honestly want a chip though, so that my a/f is where I want it to be at all rpms. Hey if it works than by all means! I think auto would be sick! I was throwing around the idea myself.. I'm on a t-5 so I'm gonna have to make a decision about that soon lol.

NICE! that would be monstrous! Stroked was doing a sick twin setup on his fox with a big inch windsor based motor. He's a cool guy. Coincidentally he's also not really a big fan of phelps :lol: that guy bitches up a storm. Either way.. I think the op should go check out theturboforums.com if he wants genuine advise on what he should do with his small block. that site has a wealth of information.. but you already knew that lol.

7. Dec 16, 2009 #47

Vader

Vader

Vader

True true, best tech advice on the web.

I had an lc1, sold it. They have weird ground issues and like a full lenth to the batt ground as well as frame grounds. The plus with an lc1 is free air calibration for sensor degradation. I've got an Aem now, works great.

$$$ is the only issue with the big windsor plan, if I do it it will be done right. That means dart 9.5, Bennett high ports,th400 and stand alone.
    100% street car,LOL

8. Dec 16, 2009 #48

800Phelps

800Phelps

800Phelps

grandstang

really? you just want to keep running your mouth? look elf. you nor your daddy stroked will have shit because you both are bums. even chris pointed out how much of a idiot stroked was being. so just keep your smart ass comments to yourself. whens the last time you car ran worth a shit again? oh yeah that's right it has never been worth a shit.

am i being a ass now? oh yeah you betcha!

why do you hang out at a turbo forum fonzie? even if they did give you advice you wouldn't be able to afford it.

9. Dec 16, 2009 #49

Fonzie

Fonzie

Fonzie

My buddy had an AEM on his STi and I really liked the ease of installation.. it's one wire from the o2 sensor to the gauge itself!!

That'd be a BAD bitch! out of curiosity though why the th400 over the other options?

and lol!! the car can't be a street car if it's going deep 9's or even 8's!! No way! :lol: :angel:

10. Dec 16, 2009 #50

Vader

Vader

Vader

strength and 3spds

11. Dec 18, 2009 #51

428GT

428GT

428GT

TH400's are cheap to build to handle power, and they aren't too bad on the street with a street friendly gear...and that last statement couldn't be further from the truth:D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  12. Jan 7, 2010 #52

TheAntiChrist

TheAntiChrist

TheAntiChrist

13. Jan 8, 2010 #53

72BlackonBlack

72BlackonBlack

72BlackonBlack

14. Jan 9, 2010 #54

TheAntiChrist

TheAntiChrist

TheAntiChrist

Yeah there not to bad, and there pretty reputable too.