Does anyone have a s/c on a stock 5.0

91 Fox

I'm looking to see if anyone has a s/c on a stock motor and what are their numbers. I'm building a motor tryin to get 400 wrhp, but not looking to break the bank.

800Phelps

grandstang
i think i remember a buddy of mine running 5psi through a novi and it lasted a long time until the s/c came apart. he wasn't running a inter-cooler so all the shrapnel went straight in to the engine.

brad94gt

yes you can make 400 to the wheels with the stock motor. get on youtube and watch some videos. and it says your building the motor or do u allready have the complete motor in your car. more info and millage please

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz
If your gonna spend the money to invest in a blower why not build the engine to support it and keep it semi reliable. Why would you want to push it and hope it doesn't break everytime you punch the gas? maybe it's just me but I'ld rather do it right the first time then second guess myself everytime I touched the throttle.

brad94gt

you wouldent have to second guess anything u just dont like ford. u can run the fuck out of the stock 5.0 bottom end without having to worry about it blowing up. stay out of the ford section if u dont like fords.

you wouldent have to second guess anything u just dont like ford. u can run the fuck out of the stock 5.0 bottom end without having to worry about it blowing up. stay out of the ford section if u dont like fords.
Ok listen bro I'm a true Ford fan but getting butt hurt over something like this is rediculous bro, there are going to be people on here who just completely hate Stangs but don't get upset over it, it does no good. I agree with him though I think if Jason is going to do it we should do it right the first time. I know what kind of budget he's on and since he's using my tools and gararge its all gonna be about how much money he wants to sink into it. I hope that we have the money to spend on a built motor and supporting mods:thumbsup:

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz
the exact response I was expecting from a butthurt pony boy, I never said anything negative about ford I said why take the risk if your gonna spend cash anyway. GO back to your corner and return to hiding we already had 1 mustang owner tell him exactly what is going happen as your defending your it's bulletproof theory. I say good day sir.

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz
ya you posted while I was writing that it's all good. I aint just like that about fords either regardless of make/model something is bound to break eventually.

Yeah I agree I've known the OP for about 17 years and he's not the one to half ass anything. I'm helping him with this "project stang" so eventually it'll be a DD/Track Terror. Right now its in stock form with motor, but we've replaced the the driver side front fender and door and passenger door. Its a "project" thats for sure

blackpony

a bone stock 5.0 with about 12 lbs from a centri should make 400 pretty easily...

Some suggestions... Spend some time on cleaning up the exhaust side of the heads , add a nice intake, exhaust and 1.7 rockers and u should meet your goals with ease...

Fonzie

now has a lighter version
just flip some shorties, weld up a crossover pipe with a t4 flange on it and buy a turbo than run some pipe and upgrade your injectors! walla! instant turbo mustang!

awd91tt

I may have to look into building myself a kit for my 95 gt project, want to try and do something different then a typical supercharged setup, i just looking for between 300 and 400hp to the wheels right now , plan on going bigger later

428GT

On my 90LX I had a Vortech with a 2.95 pulley (16psi), powerpipe, explorer intake, 60lb injectors, E85 in the tank, and full exhaust with shorty headers, everything else was pretty much stock...it made about 420 rwhp and 440rwtq.

Personally I would have rather had a turbo on it though...Id be willing to bet a turbo (with an IC) on the same car at about 12 psi would have easily made that power on reg pump gas

Last edited: