crown vic wheels on grand prix

Discussion in 'Technical & Modification Discussion' started by Bernout, Apr 7, 2014.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Apr 7, 2014 #1

Bernout

Bernout

Bernout

BANE!!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&set=pcb.10153142795762195&source=49&refid=17 so I picked up some junkyard steelies off a 2001 grand marquis steelies for my 2000 grand prix, I've seen a lot of mustang wheels one em before, so I thought I'd try something different. But so far its pretty sketchy, aside from my mismatched lugs and studs. They don't seem as true as I expected. I plan on getting new hub assy's in the near future along with lugs. But so far I'm more intimidated than enjoying it...any thoughts on my situation? Go back to stock or ?
    Here's a fbook link of how they look

2. Apr 8, 2014 #2

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

If the rims are garbage, toss them. Why waste your time with wheels that you dont like(somewhere in your mind, you dont like them, otherwise you wouldnt ask for peoples opinion), wheels that arent that good looking and wheels that arent in good condition?

3. Apr 8, 2014 #3

Bernout

Bernout

Bernout

BANE!!

Oh I love the wheels, but I'm skeptical if the fitment is a reliable option..I don't wanna have wheel studs fly off on the freeway haha. Looking to see if someone has done similar. Or knows more about wheels and stuff than I.
    Apologies for the confusion

4. Apr 8, 2014 #4

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

Ahh gotcha

5. Apr 8, 2014 #5

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

NIGHTSHADE

I had slightly off set wheels on the cavalier for 3 years and never had any stud problems, but the wheels I chose were heavy and also slighty unbalanced so wheel bearing and axle shafts were a problem every 10 months or less.

6. Apr 8, 2014 #6

Bowtie

Bowtie

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND

The Grand Prix bolt pattern has so many different options, why that one?

Seriously, find something made for that bolt pattern (one thing GM used to not do was change bolt pattern offsets for a LONG time) and make it work without the hassle of spacers, untrue wheels and an offset that is not conducive to anything.

Do some research, there is plenty of reliable, easily learned documentation on this whole thing. Do yourself a favor and see what has worked for others and what hasn't. Learn about offsets, camber, toe and all that neat shit. Its worth it. :thumbsup:

7. Apr 8, 2014 #7

Slow 6

Slow 6

Slow 6

You will be fine. It's the same offset/pattern as a mustang no?

My TGTP was putting down 346hp/575tq on 16" mustang wheels. With plenty of hard launches and all around bat crazy driving not once did I snap a stud. Plenty of guys in the GP scene have done it. I think I've seen maybe one thread where a guy broke a stud.

8. Apr 8, 2014 #8

Bernout

Bernout

Bernout

BANE!!

Yeah, kinda been going hulk putting the lugs on too. I checked the rim runout and one was junk, I got the others all set up and am getting new lugs today, hub assy's too. The reason I picked these wheels is because I'm going for a rat rod stance/feel for the car. Prolly will see me at the mn meets this summer. Thanks for the input!!

9. Apr 8, 2014 #9

Bernout

Bernout

Bernout

BANE!!

I can set a beer bottle on the lip of the rim...I don't think mustang offset is that gnarly, but I don't really know! Haha

10. Apr 8, 2014 #10

mmadden55

mmadden55

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot

Ok. The Grand prix is metric 5 on 115 mm and the Marguis is American 5 on 4.5 which works out to 114.3 mm which is not exact but should be close enough to work. .7mm is not a lot. So whatever makes you happy dude.