compression vs displacement

Discussion in 'Technical & Modification Discussion' started by i think i can, Nov 26, 2006.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Jan 7, 2007 #141

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

oh yeah i know the civic type is pretty much the same a as regualr b16 but with milder cams higher compression, a little more power and torque. but thats pretty kool that jags only have a few differences. are you planning on getting the higher compression pistons or turbo or what? i want to get some pistons from kingmotorsports that put my compression up to 11:5:1 but i need to sleev my block first, which kenny told me he'd do for 850$ installed. which i thought wasnt too bad and to raise my compression and blueprint my block he said like 1400-1800$ plus i can probably get him to tune my ecu for a few extra dollars.

2. Jan 7, 2007 #142

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

well thats pretty kool, i didnt think you had modded your jag's to be honest, i figured you just drove it as a luxury car

3. Jan 7, 2007 #143

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

The XKR is pretty much finished. I can't do too much more to it without being stupid. Or blowing up the transmission, for that matter.

The XJ6 Series III has 7.8:1 compression and a very conservative intake cam as opposed to the 9:1 compression and more agressive cam of the Euro/UK models. I have the Euro intake cam and I'll be swapping it in. I'm not going to be upping the compression because that's not actually good for much more power on the XK-type engine. I'm getting an ATI ProCharger and fitting it to the car this summer instead. And next month, the car gets MegaSquirt in preparation for the blower (you can't chip or reprogram the 70's-era-design computer). After that, I'll be throwing in a Toyota/Aisin W58 transmission to deal with getting the power to the ground.

4. Jan 7, 2007 #144

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

A lot of people think that. They're completely wrong, of course. :)

There are some of us Jaguar drivers who remember that Jaguar was founded by a racer and has a long and rich racing history. :D 7 LeMans overall wins, and three of them more recent than Porsche or Mercedes.

5. Jan 7, 2007 #145

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

that sounds pretty tight... have you ever been to a 1/4 mile strip?

6. Jan 7, 2007 #146

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Not with the XKR, been too busy. I'll be bringing the XJ6 to the 4/6 cylinder shootout later this month if my schedule permits. I think Tim's got me in the "slow/behemoth" class in that event. :p He's right, more's the pity. :p

7. Jan 7, 2007 #147

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

oh ok i was just curious if you knew what u ran in the 1/4.... hey do you know of any good video sites for like cars dyno's or whatever, ive been to streetfire.net, myspace of course, youtube.com, and google and yahoo, but they didnt have any that i liked. im looking for like h22 accords or preludes dyno'ing or racing

8. Jan 7, 2007 #148

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Sorry, you've already hit all the sites that I know of.

9. Jan 7, 2007 #149

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

jdmtyperaccord

lol oh ok.... i have a few vids of h22 accords that are pretty nice.... one just like mine that was bone stock but h22 that put down 17X to the wheels, another of one with individual throttle bodies(h22) and nitrous which i dont agree with but hey, and another of h22 with an exhaust and greddy turbo putting out i believe somewhere around 250whp at 8 psi. not too bad i guess, i would go with turbo but i dont want to lag.