ATTEN: ALL Ethanol peeps!

iminhell

Fallout Shelter For Sale
Perhaps it's time to let go of corn and use something more profitable.

IMO, wrong line of thinking. Profits should have nothing to do with a nations energy wants. Sustainability and cost per unit should be the only concerns.

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키
IMO, wrong line of thinking. Profits should have nothing to do with a nations energy wants. Sustainability and cost per unit should be the only concerns.
Brazil supports this population of ethanol-burning automobiles with large national infrastructure that produces ethanol from domestically grown sugar cane. Sugar cane not only has a greater concentration of sucrose than corn (by about 30%), but is also much easier to extract. The bagasse generated by the process is not wasted, but is used in power plants to produce electricity.

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키
Oh thank you. (Sorry a little late on catching up on some old readings). :thumbsup:

mmadden55

Pontiac Pilot
Butanol from biowaste is probably the future, can be run in any mix ratio or as a straight subsitute for gasoline no tune adjusting needed.

Skinny Will

Attention..Disorder..Shit
great thread, i learned a lot more about ethanol. i agree with jinx though, i wouldn't run it without a standalone at least. it's crazy how many of you minnesota guys are running it. i guess yall have more e85 pumps than dfw, because i like to fill up wherever i want and there's not enough stations around me to where it would be worth it.