Aquarium noob

Big Show

RKC Official VP of MN Region
This thread should be renamed the General Discussion for Aquariums thread. lol

Im shopping for a 180-220/225 gallon tank.
I'm surprised we don't have an aquarium section yet. It seems to go hand in hand with car enthusiasts for some reason

Z400

Aquariums can be cool as shit.

Cant make up my mind, not sure if i want to do a Discus show tank or another all male, african tank.

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
I'm surprised we don't have an aquarium section yet. It seems to go hand in hand with car enthusiasts for some reason
It would likely be a lot like the Home Improvement forum, only slightly more active because I'm ADD and change my shit constantly.

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
It really does. There is never ending possibilities of shit to change and make better, lots of lil things to buy and improve.

Aquariums can be cool as shit.

Cant make up my mind, not sure if i want to do a Discus show tank or another all male, african tank.
Discus. New challenge.
It would likely be a lot like the Home Improvement forum, only slightly more active because I'm ADD and change my shit constantly.
Exactly.

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
New LED light fixture and my chunk of mopani came in today. The light is on, the wood is sitting in a pot of hot water at the moment and should go in tonight.

So far:

I'll take some pics tonight when the wood is in and with the "moonlight" function.

Z400

Yeah i'll probably end up doing Discus.
We had 8 of them in our 90 Gallon high tech planted tank, so im not new to keeping them. Just never really got around to setting up a large show tank for Discus.

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
Got the Mopani in the tank. Boiled the shit out of it 4 times for about 2 hours each, let it sit in some cold water for a while, rinsed it off and put it in. It wouldn't have been my first choice in shape, but that's what I fucking get for ordering it on Amazon.

And with the moonlight on:

I dig the shit out of this light. Very happy with it.

I have a new glass hood coming in on the big brown truck tomorrow (along with a new fishing reel, but that's a different thread).

Big Show

got any links to a nice LED light fixture like that? I need to upgrade for my 120 gallon cichlid tank. It's the only thing I've never upgraded.

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
My glass hood arrived today. Broken. Not just cracked, but fucking destroyed. The box sounded like one of those rain stick things. Cut open the outer Amazon box and a bunch of glass shards fell out.

They wrapped the damn thing in ONE layer of fucking bubble wrap. It says "GLASS" in big-ass letters on the manufacturer's box...

They're processing a refund, which may be middle of next week until it's done. Then I'll have to order another one and just hope they don't do a shitty job of packaging it too.

re-rx7

Cuban Carlos
If your growing plants and want led I'd suggest something with a lot of LEDs. My double bright marine land is adequate but I feel I could accomplish more with higher power LEDs. T5's are nice they grow pants very well, however I love the shimmer affect I get from my LEDs. That was actually the whole reason I switched. Lol

Big Show

Yea no plants here. I tried a couple but the African cichlids eat them and the jack Dempsey pulls them out of the ground. I like that effect led has too.

Deviate

Bork Bork Bork
I picked up some microsword grass yesterday. Pain in the ass to get it to stay in place. I ended up having to wedge it in under the mopani and a rock to keep it from floating off.

So far the water has remained clear after adding the mopani. I'm a little shocked about that, honestly.