anyone else get any new cars since rkc was down?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by frakkin toaster, Nov 7, 2018.

Help Support RICEKILLER.COM Forums by donating:

1. Nov 7, 2018 #1

frakkin toaster

frakkin toaster

frakkin toaster

...pop the hood!

its been how long since rkc was being "temporarily" updated?

after looking at my sig pic and old threads i noticed how many cars changed for me. here is the new list. these happened right before the shutdown...plus an update

93 prt built single turbo widebody rx7 - blue

i traded my 93 jdm supra to shorty (bullet13 on here) for his built fd….i still have, but its my garage queen. he built the supra up really nice, but i believe he sold it and now has a vette last i talked to him.

2014 mustang - grabber blue

i bought this new for my wife when they first came out. it was her daily, i in turn got her 05 swb xrunner as my dd...i still have it and nearing the 200k mark.

during the rkc shutdown...

2016 tacoma texas ed. - silver

she wanted to get back into a truck after about a year or so (and 54k miles) we looked at some nissians & chebbies, but ultimately ended up with another tacoma. far better trucks (imho) and great resale value. also this new 3rd gen body style looks killer.

2016 tacoma texas ed. - blue

after getting the oil changed at the dealership, the oil filter gasket was stuck to the engine block causing a massive oil leak by the time she got home. dealership made things right by ordering her another one in her favorite color...blue.

2019 Tacoma trd sport ed. - calvary blue

so she put about 55k mile on her last tacoma and we traded it in for this last week. as soon as we saw this new color, i knew it would happen lol. on the plus side we got more truck for less of a payment.

1988 7m turbo supra - white

a friend was having a hard time and called me to see if i would take this off his hands...so i did. after he got back on his feet he ended up getting a vette, got rid of it and got a formula t/a. this supra was gonna be my "drift project", but that didn't happen because my brother ended up getting this from me.

2004 Nissan 350z - white
    i was really missing my first supra really, really bad. the mkiii was ok, but i was longing for a mkiv again. i tried several times over the course of the next few years to trade my 2000 ws6 (viper snakeskin green) + cash towards a supra, but most guys who owned supras wouldn't trade for a domestic lol.

finally ii decided to trade the ws6 for a 350z. i had wanted one since i first saw them coming out in 03. i drove it for about a year, had fun, but was always on the lookout for a supra lol....

wait for it...

wait for it...

1995 supra hardtop - blue

finally!!! found a guy who had blown the engine in his supra, but couldn't afford to fix it and need running car to get to work. bye bye 360z....hello lifetime project haha. looking to go big single 2jzgte and 6 speed. car originally was 5 speed. will be starting a build thread once i get time.

soooooo….what has happened with you guy since we last saw each other here? what projects have you got going (post links here in this thread) and what, if any new acquisitions have you made to the stable? please post pics. i will soon

Admin and Luke44 like this.
  2. Nov 7, 2018 #2

frakkin toaster

frakkin toaster

frakkin toaster

...pop the hood!

spot held for when i get photobucket to stop holding my pics hostage lol.

Luke44 likes this.
  3. Nov 19, 2018 #3

wrxgoose

wrxgoose

wrxgoose

In feb 2013, I picked up my FR-S. Supercharged it, went through 8 belts, pulled it off, and restarted my build.

frakkin toaster likes this.
  4. Nov 19, 2018 #4

Bowtie

Bowtie

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND

Got out of the car hobby for a little while after RKC was down. Bought my 93 Z28 a couple years ago and have been shoving all my money into it since. The whole drivetrain and powertrain has been upgraded and she's getting her procharger this Janurary.

frakkin toaster and Luke44 like this.
  5. Nov 20, 2018 #5

Luke44

Luke44

Luke44

Pretty much EVERY car I've had has been since then at this point. When I first signed up, all I had was my sleeper (beater) Chevy Corsica. It's a stripper base model ex rental car that I inherited when my grandpa died. I was jealous of the other kids at my school who had cooler cars, but lightly modded Civics, Turbo Jettas, V6 Mustangs & Camaros..... Well, they never saw it coming. I had several embarrassing (for THEM) kills in that car. And guess what, I still have the P.O.S. and no matter how hard I try, it just won't die or stop following me around. It has a blown lower intake gasket, but keeps ticking. As the old addage goes, "a 90s GM car will run horribly, for longer than most other cars will run well." It's parked now, as I have several other cars. But the damn thing's still here! It's a high school time capsule as well, stickers, cigarette burns, crappy AutoZone "cold" air intake, Regal GS spoiler, Caviler Z24 grille and all hahaha. IMG_20181120_112734325.jpg

6. Nov 20, 2018 #6

Luke44

Luke44

Luke44

Anywhoooo, after the Corsica, and right after RKC "died", my mom was foolish enough to "trade" me my Corsica for her 1994 Legacy.... GT WAGON. She bought it used, not knowing it was a turbo car, because she liked the color. Neither my dad nor I bothered to tell her, and let her buy it. After a few years of it scaring the shit out of her (turbo lag and "jumping") she (stupidly) gave 17 year old me the keys. I had fun in that car. But eventually she traded me back, and traded it in for a new, boring Ford Freestyle. So, that's when my true journey into getting my OWN cars that I picked out and purchased for myself began, with a P71 Vic ;)
    I still own most of 'em, list below:
    (In order of purchase/deal/trade)

1995 Chevy Corsica
    (STILL got the damn thing)

1994 Subaru Legacy GT (TRADED)

2000 Ford Crown Vic P71 (SOLD)
    (Sold to a friend, still kickin'!)

1951 Kaiser Henry J gasser (SOLD)
    (Total rust bucket ex 60's drag car)

1988 Chrysler 5th Ave 318 (SOLD)
    (My daily beater when I moved)

1963 Plymouth Valiant Kustom
    (My current long term project)

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
    (My daily driver work truck)

1980 Toyota 4x4 long bed
    (Dad's pride & joy I inherited)

1963 VW Beetle w/fully built motor
    (Hippie hot rod, inherited from Dad)

1982 Datsun 280ZX
    (Project given to me by a friend)

2002 VW Jetta GLI Turbo (SOLD)
    (Free to me fix 'n' flip deal)

frakkin toaster likes this.
  7. Nov 20, 2018 #7

Riktor

Riktor

Riktor

Wormwood Comet

Sold them all... Except my F150... Still got that everlasting lump.

Luke44 likes this.
  8. Nov 23, 2018 #8

Labora

Labora

Labora

o.O

Got this.
    [​IMG]

Turned into this.
    [​IMG]

Now working on a engine upgrade for it since it picked up a nasty case of road knock at a track day.

Still have my Mustang, it could be running in next few months if I cared to work on it....

Luke44 likes this.
  9. Nov 28, 2018 #9

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

jinxtacy

시발 놈 게세키

I sold the RX-7 after 10 years after getting sold a "rebuilt" motor that had no compression. Bought a Volvo C30 because I saw them on the road and thought they're be reliable. I blew the motor on it, so probably going to sell it and look for another fun car. If I'm going to be replacing motors they might as well be fun to drive.

10. Nov 28, 2018 #10

Bowtie

Bowtie

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND

May I suggest a FBody......

11. Nov 29, 2018 #11

rayporsche

rayporsche

rayporsche

Still rolling 'old school'...…I do miss the Dallas crew Porsches.jpg

Admin likes this.
  12. Dec 1, 2018 #12

Slow 6

Slow 6

Slow 6

Sold the 1997 turbo GTP and moved to GTO. Then moved onto a 03Z which is still my current sandbox toy.

For a daily I had a 08 Grand Prix, moved into a IS300, then to 01 Trans Am which I just sold. New daily is a CTS-V.

13. Dec 2, 2018 #13

bgd73

bgd73

bgd73

some old members.. I can't even remember.
    I joined with an 87 subaru wagon, against all of my existence.. my size, my background. Not sure who remember me.. I liked this forum.
    I am in a 1996 gmc v8 5 speed for the last 4 years. It is my true contentment. always will be.

I have had the subaru now for 12 years..it sits around with antique plates via advice of maine state police :)

my join date is one year after gaining the subaru from a field. It now has an ultra rare engine build, 450 ft lb clutch, lots of welding.. I still start it with its rochester carb (I built to fit) to move it around the yard for the plow guy.

Glad to log in.. this is now my oldest membership to any forum. thanks for sending email!

14. Dec 2, 2018 #14

TheShelbyKid

TheShelbyKid

TheShelbyKid

Carl posting from my brothers account since for some reason since the verification email won’t send to my “Carl account”

Theshelbykid still has his gt500, but dailies a raptor and has for a while.

I think he was too young for most of y’all to know but my youngest brother is actually more in the “scene” than me or marcus now. He has a 2017 r6 and he went to pat of quality motor sports and essentially built my z06, minus the 250 shot lol.

I have been pretty much essentially completely domesticated. I went from driving a high 800s whp z06 to driving a sub 200 hp lexus(is250f sport classic edition)

I’m also 30 now if anyone wants to feel old as fuck and I had my 21st birthday at junkie414s house with one of my best friends tt4u2nv(Ian)

Time flys, man.

15. Dec 2, 2018 #15

MLee

MLee

MLee

Pretty sure I've had 2 since then...

Just picked up a 2019 too. Lo res burnout.JPG

Angie and rayporsche like this.
  16. Dec 5, 2018 at 12:37 PM #16

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member

@MLee are you drag racing there? Quarter mile? What classification? When I was growing up I spend a few years at drag strip as Dad built them and raced them.