Any 2011 5.0 owners raced a WRX?

Majck123

So I know I started a big argument over the new 5.0 and the old one but I found myself a pretty sweet deal the other day and had to jump on it. Got a 2010 WRX with 16k miles on it. Now I have a friend I work with that drives a new 5.0 with custom exhaust. He thinks he can take me, I think I can take him. I was wondering if anyones had any experience with this?

Heres our cars

Zomg

Random Kid
Im pretty sure the new 5.0s have like 400ish hp, soo idk man, im pretty sure the wrx is sub 300hp, i think he can take you

ported cobra

are the 2010 wrx's awd? if so you might get the jump, but it wont take long for the mustang to start pulling hard.

awd cars usually loose on average 33% through the drivetrain.

BlackMagnum123

I think you might take him on a track because the mustangs are pretty front heavy our atleast the one i drove was and it didnt handle very well plus u got awd

hutch

Vroom
Is yours even a STi? Either way you gonna to get raped.
The 5.0 does well in the turns too so good luck with that too.

sith_killer_99

are the 2010 wrx's awd? if so you might get the jump, but it wont take long for the mustang to start pulling hard.

awd cars usually loose on average 33% through the drivetrain.
ALL WRX's are AWD!?!? :lmao:

33% through the drive train?!?!

Try 15%-20%.

My Ralliart loses 18% through the AWD and it's the same AWD system (ACD) used in the Evo IX.

The 5.0 will win (unless the driver is incompetent). It's faster in 0-60 and 1/4 mile, it also has nearly a 150 hp advantage (5.0 is rated to 412hp). However, given the proper mods you will be able to hang, but it's gonna take some cash.

ported cobra

ive seen dyno pulls of awd cars, including sti's and evo's... the sti's from a couple years ago were rated at what, 300hp? on the dyno they were making 200-210is... thats just what i have personally seen.