2v to 4v swap... and advice is welcome!

FryLoch

Thats Captain Slow to You
Yes, you can swap the 5.4 4v from the Navigator into an F-150 no issues really. IMO should go ahead and swap the Navigator brakes as well.

I guess I'm the only who would rather see a modded Mark VIII than a motor swapped Mustang...

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Ok guys, i knooooooow its been a long time, but they work a brother like a negro slave! Car is running, WELL as my man john said, and its for sale! I will try to get on here and do a partial write up and post more pics, or a Q & A for anyone hinking of attempting this swap!!! Very happy with the results!!!

Hetes the sale link!!!!...... http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3485231059.html

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Ok, i kept the car... changed a few things & i love it. Ford shouldve dropped these things from the get go.

Toad

2v mustangs are pretty much the equivilant of having a v6 thats half dead hate to say... LsX best motors... What else is done besides the 4v swap?

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Damn near all of the suspension (tubular uppers, lower ssm/umi lift bars, monroe shocks/sruts, eibach sportlines & f & r sway bars)*looking to install some subframe connectors, either Wolfe, Kenny Browm or Stifflers. ANNND, some cc plates. I dont think i can fit another strut tower bar in either. =( at least not w/o cutting it.

Its got 3.73s, but im seriously leaning toward 4.10s, but not sure how much of a difference theyd make... perect launch diff, centerforce stage 2 dual friction clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, steeda tri-ax, lightning mass air, jlt cai, shortys, cat deletes, mac prochamber to 40 series dumps for now.. (oh & imrc deletes, egr block off, & cobra brakes w/ dimpled/ slotted rotors, hawk pads)

And sadly, you are right about 2 valves... i had the one before this swap cammed & everything... and id still say this swap is quicker, not faster tho.

Last edited:

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Ok guys, so i go to do my write up on the swap this morning... & all my pics are gone... i think i will look for my old memory card, as i had a few photos from there, and i will do a write up for you in a new thread... BDUBZ build thread... see you there!

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Lmao, Im mad that you resurrected this thing man!

Memory card got wet when moving.. & car is GONE! =(

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
bolt on 92 5.0.. I may be able to still pout this thread together now that I have a computer... im thinking I have pics in my photobucket.. hmm?