2v to 4v swap... and advice is welcome!

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
hey ladies & gents.. im doing a 4v swap of a 95 lincoln mark 8 motor(from my grannys car, 70kmi!) into my 03 musang gt... for the most part it looks to be a direct swap...... i ve read a few things on oher forums about swapping wires for coil on plugs, & the alternator etc... but, i believe that i will stay with the coil pack set up, as ive experienced some odd things with c.o.p.s...

so if anybody has any information, let me know! thank you!

Last edited:

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Antonio, no man... Hell no it aint! The night I had my mitor funushed, I drove home and a cop fried & a spark plug blew its threads. Ive had less problems because I switched to accels... But no whee near the reliability of a distributor, or coil packs.

Toad! Lol! I cant say that man, my 5.0 was legit. No problems ever. Now these 2 valve mod motors? Trash man as far as power from mods other than a power adder. Str8 up bro.

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Antonio, no man... Hell no it aint! The night I had my mitor funushed, I drove home and a cop fried & a spark plug blew its threads. Ive had less problems because I switched to accels... But no whee near the reliability of a distributor, or coil packs.

Toad! Lol! I cant say that man, my 5.0 was legit. No problems ever. Now these 2 valve mod motors? Trash man as far as power from mods other than a power adder. Str8 up bro.

Russyo

Hatch of Doom!!
I guess I didn't read that statement the same way you guys did.

I read it as two different statements, not relating to each other.

It'll be a lot better car. Meaning the DOHC will be much better than the SOHC.

Ford motors suck. I read it as they all suck, so at least you'll be improving to the DOHC motor.

:dunno:

Slow 6

It's really sad when old technology outperforms newer technology. Post some pictures of the swap when you get to working on it.

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
Cobra jake, a lot of people dont realize that the 92 crown vic was the first SOHC 4.6 V8.... But its partly due to the 5.0 not leaving the mustang chassis til after 95. a lot if people dont follow panter cars, if they arent ford heads.

Slow6 is partially right as I want to go back to coil packs, which sadly, is more reliable... Smdh.

John I wouldnt need help if youd get off if your ass & come over n help me sir!

240, im not sure, I havent seen a lot of them, but they are popping up on the web.

Ill post some pics when I get on the computer.... Just pulled the shortblock out last night!

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
So you are saying fords shit is inferior to a lincoln product manufactured almost a decade earlier?! Or am i mistaken?
Great question....

Im sayin coil packs have less problems than c.o.ps. Its a fact(just give it a google if you will..) And Im sayin 2v < 4v! You cant really say any of it is "inferior", well except maybe that crap plastic intake manifold.. especially the one w/o the aluminum crossover... because all mod motors from 92-10 are the same technology, just with different revisions. (ignition(coil pack/c.o.ps), intake, heads(2v 3v 4v), block material(iron, aluminum/ teskid(which is what this block i have is)/w.a.p.) & internals(hyperputic/forged) etc. etc.)

The lincoln motor is basically the 96-98 cobra motor minus the intake side cam & intake itself(which i am sourcing out now), and minor revisions on the valve relief I believe... Even w/o that cam, its still gonna make 280whp, and ive seen guys dyno up to 300whp w/ these swaps.. verses me having the cams, pullies, c.a.i and throttle body on a 2v to make those same about power figures.

That being said, why drop another iron block 2v back in, when i can shave 100lbs off he nose of the car, due to block weight, and make more power in the process, and have a stronger, lighter, low mileage, teskid block (THAT WAS FREE!!!!) to build if i ever want to go past 450hp?(theyre good to 1000hp vs the heaveier irn block being good for about 800hp), Thats my logic good sir!

And bottom line is, its STILL all Ford my brother! theres a big ass ford stamp on every part of this motor! lol!

Last edited:

BDUBBLEYA

RKCs Token Black Guy
PICS!!!

ok guys, here is the car and the motor as they sit now... the 2v is sitting in the garage, as there are a few pieces I will be taking off of it... have yet to see what the exact problem is w/ the 2v, as i havent had time to yank the oil pan off yet... but I did not see any metal shards in the oil after drainage....

the poor noble steed.....

here is the 4v motor... out of 95 lincoln lsc, 70k miles from grannys house! THANK YOU GRANNY!

I will be cleaning the motor (hopefully)sometime this week, probably spary the valve covers and the intake and make them all pretty after I knock all this oil build up off....

Here in ths picture you can see where I removed the coil wire cover... I was met and attacked by a force of about 30 fire ants under the hat of one of the coils.... good news is, theyre dead, and the spark plugs in this thing look brand spankin new... and so did the oil!!!

I will post more pics as i clean the motor up, probably one after cleaning, and one after painting, before I drop the motor in.

Last edited:

Sweepinscrew

It's stock, that is all
Can this same swap be applied to 2v 4.6 f150's?I was thinking of doing this except with a 4v 5.4 navigator motor. The torque potential of these motors is impressive.