2015 Mustang Concept.

67C10

Modz wuz hurr
Well shit. If Wikipedia says it, then who could possibly take issue with that, I mean, it's the most reliable source ever.:monocle:

It's not just the fact that it's on Wiki. The Mustang has been classified a Pony Car ever since it was first produced. Same with the Camaro.

JohnGT

Wanna Race?
Hey look another muscle vs pony bitch fest thread. The car pictured by the op looks nothing like an everyday mustang which is what Ford is going for at this point. There done with the retro look and want to bring out a completely new design. This one doesn't look bad. It just doesn't look like a mustang.

Reece

Mitsubishi+Toyota=life
That's the ugliest excuse for a Mustang I have ever seen. Worse than the Mustang II...

Rick_TL-S

Kickstart My Heart Gear
Sorry Dude I am right and you are wrong. I grew up in the Muscle car era saw the new car ads read the magazines even owned some. So end of argument. Can't believe you made such a silly statement. I am disapointed in you.
He is right to a degree (doesn't necessarily have to be a sedan), but it does have to be mid-to-full size. Small cars like the Mustang are not muscle cars just because they have a big engine. If they were, the term Pony car itself would not exist.

Bowtie

FERD EFFTEENTHOUSAND
Staff member
Sorry Dude I am right and you are wrong. I grew up in the Muscle car era saw the new car ads read the magazines even owned some. So end of argument. Can't believe you made such a silly statement. I am disapointed in you.

It's not a silly statement, it's what the definition of of a muscle car is.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=0SG1yOw4edUC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Can't quite remember exactly what page it is, but it clearly defines a 'mid-sized sedan' as a muscle car. I'll take word of someone who interviewed and researched the ad men and people who designed those cars over someone who grew up in that time. Sorry, you don't pass go nor collect 200 dollars.

Justice

The muscle car died in the early 70's.

The charger is a 4 door abomination, the GTO died in 2006 and ford did not have anything after the 71 torino that was worth a damn.

And this concept? I am glad I have a 05. It looks nice, and when I am done it'll look even nicer.

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And since I won't ever be in the market for a new one ($$$) I don't really care what they do to it.

Quattrofriend

I know that this thread hasn't been active for quite a few days now, but I thought it would throw in my two cents regarding this. If I have violated some rule about "dead threads" I am sorry.

A designer by the name of Freeman Thomas is currently working for Ford, and has been for the past couple of years now. Before he worked for Ford he worked for Audi/VW. If you want to know where the influence for the latest and greatest Fords come from, look at Audio/VW group cars on the B5 and A4 chassis. Specifically the Passat, the Jetta, the TT (mk.1), and the beetle (mk. 2)

Justice

To each their own. I used to think the mustang II was horrid. But now I would rock one of those cobra's if I ran across a deal. The low horsepower numbers is something that can be fixed easy.