2011 GT 1/4 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Doing 100
I think Im buying one :lol:
Seriously... I may do that too in the future. They've come a long way, keeps getting better and better. I wouldn't ever plan to do any crazy modding to one if I had it though.

Justice

12 second car... stock?!

Got to get me one of those!
*checks wallet*
Damn
*checks wallet again*
Damn Damn...

Maybe... If I get a nice fulltime job... maybe...

Pocus

I could have sworn I seen somewhere in another forum that when building this engine they had the intesions of the modern tuner in mind. They built the block so that it could handle nitrous or boost and a fair ammount of it at that.

Could be wrong

93NotchLX

I could have sworn I seen somewhere in another forum that when building this engine they had the intesions of the modern tuner in mind. They built the block so that it could handle nitrous or boost and a fair ammount of it at that.

Could be wrong
It's the rods that are the weak point. Ford went with the same style powdered rods that they've used before. The Coyote engine project engineers have said that they won't hold up to boost or nitrous without a shortblock.

Pocus

Hmmm, that's weak. I could have sworn I seen that somewhere buy that was a while ago. I guess I was mistaken.

Weren't they talking about using this engine in the new gt500s that will be coming out. I'm sure they will put better hardware in the block if that is the case

Justice

I think 400 horse is about the sweet spot for this generation, Ford did their homework and made a very nice N/A motor. I doubt there is anything to gain from simple bolt ons, but only time will tell.

I do wonder how the engine will hold up under boost. There will be people sticking superchargers on that motor without touching the block just as people did with the previous V8's. But the 1,5 formula? (previous V8 was "proven" till ~450 on stock internals from what I read).

It would mean ~600 horse for this engine. I feel that would be overreaching without forging the block. But you can wait it out and make do with the stock power and wait for the first engine to blow. Safety 1st, or in this case, your bank account! ;)

Do love the big brake package they are offering now, the 2005's fade like a mofo... I'd even go as far as saying they are not up to the task when driving like a bat out of hell.

TXcharger07

mopar or no car
They made 435hp from a stock on to the wheel's on the dyno, pretty impressive... for a mustang ;) lol

replacing those cams is gonna be pretty expensive though... just saying. you probably won't need to though.

hi5ingmf

They made 435hp from a stock on to the wheel's on the dyno, pretty impressive... for a mustang ;) lol

replacing those cams is gonna be pretty expensive though... just saying. you probably won't need to though.
XOHC>OHV

Just saying... Plus I love it when people complain parts for domestics are expensive... seriously try pricing out cams for any of the european DOHC motors, the S62 in the E39 M5 are $3500 just for the cams. No supporting items needed are included, like the extra $700 for followers.

Seriously if you are mod happy domestic is the way to go, and I just wish the new Mustang didn't have such a shitty interior, or a solid rear, it has a lot of potential.

93NotchLX

Seriously if you are mod happy domestic is the way to go, and I just wish the new Mustang didn't have such a shitty interior, or a solid rear, it has a lot of potential.
Weird, as I hope the Mustang never loses the solid rear axle, and I don't mind the interior.

TXcharger07

mopar or no car
It's ok to be jealous.
jealous? I can make more power easier with a LA 360.. shoot I was aiming for a 400hp 360 in my duster that should run 12 flat with ease.

I'm impressed with the stang... finally. I just don't know if I could see myself in one.

XOHC>OHV

Just saying... Plus I love it when people complain parts for domestics are expensive... seriously try pricing out cams for any of the european DOHC motors, the S62 in the E39 M5 are $3500 just for the cams. No supporting items needed are included, like the extra $700 for followers.

The LS9 (that everone jerks off) is OHV, the LS7 is OHV... all the hemi's are as well... they still have a place. I like the simplicity of them. I will agree the DOHC is a great system though.

I actually like the interior in the 2010 mustang, it's a big step up from the previous years. I had a chance to beat on one last year while I was still working for ford. Was a pretty nice driving car, I would imagine with the 5.0, it would be a handful.

I still think the only mustang I would really enjoy would have to have a cobra badge on it. :)

shampoop

the 2011 is the first mustang that i would ever consider buying. from what i hear the live axle rear isn't really even an issue anymore because of the suspension design and that it works better than mediocre IRS setups.

and now that the car is actually has enough power from the factory, get's good mileage, and has a good trans that shifts nicely, much less people are going to have the desire to mod it, so hardly anyone is going to care about the rods that won't hold up to mods.

if i didn't HATE the super high belt line and non existant windows of many modern cars, and it had more japanese like interior styling, i'd be all over that!

hi5ingmf

Weird, as I hope the Mustang never loses the solid rear axle, and I don't mind the interior.
The LS9 (that everone jerks off) is OHV, the LS7 is OHV... all the hemi's are as well... they still have a place. I like the simplicity of them. I will agree the DOHC is a great system though.

I actually like the interior in the 2010 mustang, it's a big step up from the previous years. I had a chance to beat on one last year while I was still working for ford. Was a pretty nice driving car, I would imagine with the 5.0, it would be a handful.

I still think the only mustang I would really enjoy would have to have a cobra badge on it. :)
The solid rear really limits the track worthiness of the car, it could have so much potential since you don't have to rev the shit out of it. Put it on an off camber, reducing radius turn and its going to slow to be worth a damn.

In regards to the interior, polishing a turd with gadgets doesn't mean its not a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.