2010 Mustang: Bye Bye 4.6? Hello 5.0?

FryLoch

Thats Captain Slow to You
My next car planned without a doubt is the next body Mustang: either the 2010 or 2011. Honestly the current GT is a hell of a deal and the next one is going to crush this one. I think the Camaro is going to get a lot of coverage much like the Challenger but when it comes right down to it, the Mustang will still be king. Seeing as though the Camaro's pricing looks to be quite a bit more than the Mustang and the SS is gonna get killed by the GT500 all while the SRT-8 Challenger just barely bests the Bullitt, Mustang will still reign supreme. With talks of the SVO name being revived with a 300hp 4cyl all of the imports need to look out too. There is great things in Ford's future and people need to take notice, Ford is ready for a comeback!

slowr w/o blowr

That's a far cry from 12.1.

I ran 12.45 with just exhaust and drag radials in a GTO. I start out with 100hp more than the Mach. Don't think it's impossible, just hard to choke down.

I dont doubt you pulled a 12.45 with drag radials. But take your o.e. street tires and try to get that heavy pig moving. You will be much slower on the 60' and imo, thats everything on the 1/4 mile

03Machchase

Thanks for saying that so I would not have to, I saw a new G8 at the track last friday pretty sure its stock if anything had tires and put the quarter away in 13.4 pretty good for a car that only puts out 361 horse..I agree the GM engine line-up over the past decade is awesome.
im not to scared of the G8, smoked plenty of them in my old Mach 1, and kill them in my Cobra

94Gt5.0

That's a far cry from 12.1.

I ran 12.45 with just exhaust and drag radials in a GTO. I start out with 100hp more than the Mach. Don't think it's impossible, just hard to choke down.
Idk who said 12.1 stock, but there are many bolt-on machs running those times. I know a exhaust, and intake your in the mid 12's all day long. Not a bad bang for the buck IMO.

6.8 Monsta

RKC Member
My question would be more of what the trap speed is. With all the traction in the world you can run 12.1 but probably only trap like 103.

I ran 12.8 with exhaust and a tune on stock tires to the guy that asked.

FryLoch

Yea... I also have a hard time believing a Stock Mach running a 12.1. That's faster than Termies and GT500s with far less power. Even with Drag slicks that's a really far stretch.

93NotchLX

They should make 11-12 comp ratio in the new 5.0 and have it be a flex fuel motor. Then the people who don't wanna run premium can run e85. It'd probably make it sell better since there are people out there who would think its "green"

jmartin

Mustang Junkie
They should make 11-12 comp ratio in the new 5.0 and have it be a flex fuel motor. Then the people who don't wanna run premium can run e85. It'd probably make it sell better since there are people out there who would think its "green"
Man there ain't nothing green. Somewhere along the way the environment suffered some sort of impact. This is why I HATE TREE HUGGERS. Not that you are one. Stupid green movement. Besides the only reason why people care about this crap is GAS PRICES,not the environment. DRILL,DRILL,DRILL The blow up OPEC.

stang 347-gt

^^^^^times 2
man i was on this web site..u know they have funeral servise that are "green friendily" this green crap has gotten too far u know...

stang 347-gt

yes it will be...
i'm a fan of nissan 3.0 twin turbo...
i have a very strong feeling that the ecoboost will give the gt's that year model a run for there money...might as well be better off gettin the v-6 turbo than the gt u know

steddy2112

Direct Injection is AWESOME.

At least on the GM's it is.

Imagine a fuel system stock, that is almost everything you need.

No injector swaps, pump can pump ridiculous bs...and throw TURBOS into the mix.
You want my honest opinion?

V-6 will be faster than the V-8 with just a tune.

6spd

BIGFOOT!!!
My next car planned without a doubt is the next body Mustang: either the 2010 or 2011. Honestly the current GT is a hell of a deal and the next one is going to crush this one. I think the Camaro is going to get a lot of coverage much like the Challenger but when it comes right down to it, the Mustang will still be king. Seeing as though the Camaro's pricing looks to be quite a bit more than the Mustang and the SS is gonna get killed by the GT500 all while the SRT-8 Challenger just barely bests the Bullitt, Mustang will still reign supreme. With talks of the SVO name being revived with a 300hp 4cyl all of the imports need to look out too. There is great things in Ford's future and people need to take notice, Ford is ready for a comeback!
:lmao:

You say that like the mustang ever was the king while the Camaro was in production.

and to assume that GM would just roll over to the GT500 when they have the LS7 and the LS9 just laying around is just naive.

BSmiff

The Second Coming
Can they make 30 mpg out of that motor though? Isnt the deal we are supposed to be getting BETTER in gas mileage and be at 30 mpg avg by 2012 or some shit?

FryLoch

:lmao:

You say that like the mustang ever was the king while the Camaro was in production.

and to assume that GM would just roll over to the GT500 when they have the LS7 and the LS9 just laying around is just naive.
It certainly outsold the Camaro/Trans Am combined...

I don't really consider having 5 more HP really beating the Mustang...

It's like WOOOO LS1!!!! Booya 325hp!!!! WOOOO

While the Cobra 4.6 was 320hp with a liter less...

Same with earlier model Camaros they only had 5-10 more hp after the early 80's but they always weighed more and this new body looks to weigh more than the current stang. So T-82 5.4>LS7
They will have to use the LS9 in the Camaro to beat the GT500, by that point i'm sure Ford will up the power.