1998 180sx (240sx)

st.page

GM were all set to release it in the US but decided to pull the plug at the 11th hour for some reason. my one is 7 years old, the newest model looks awesome. if you want to see one google VE SS UTE.

st.page

new studs and gaskets have finally been purchased. later today i begin the process of reassembling the turbo/dump/whatever else i have broken.

st.page

i haven't seen it. i know they did the VT commodore and the VE but i didnt know they did the VY. I'll have a look for it :)

st.page

after sitting idle for many many month the old 180sx is finally up and running again.
gasket and studs have been replaces as well as the toe arms with adjustable items.
20mm spacers now allow the right amount of camber so it sits nice as well as tucks in the guards without scrubbing.
it handles like a dream now but the true test will be when it hits the track next. i was hoping to see some more track work in september but i am going to WTAC next month and plan on spending up big at the sparco trade stand if it is there again this year so i doubt i'll have the funds needed to compete. If i can't race in september i'll definitely be there in november for the tampered day. i'll update with more pics soon.

st.page

oh shit, didn't realise it has been 2 years since an update.
the car hasn't seen much action at all over the last 2 years. i have been concentrating on work and moving house a couple of times and that took up 90% of my time.
the only thing to report is i purchased some new wheels. a set of URAS NS01's. along with GTC's they are my favourite wheels.

I just got back from a 2 week trip the the USA for SEMA so i am pretty keen to continue with the build.
i have put together a list of mods to chip away at over the next 12-18 months starting with replacing the gizzmo boost controller. i have had nothing but trouble with it since it went in. i am leaning towards a dual solenoid boost controller, maybe blitz??

st.page

just doing some research on brake upgrades.
i am seriously leaning towards an Evo IX conversion with s 345mm rotor and BM57 non abs BMC. that should give me plenty of stopping power.

st.page

wow it has been a long time since i updated.

After an unfortunate incident at the track i no longer have the car. sadly the 180sx caught fire.
She was sold to a friend of mine who used her for parts.

st.page

A new build is on the way.
Im looking at a 2002 Spec R GT S15 tomorrow.
Should I post the build on this thread or start a new one?