1998 180sx (240sx)

st.page

1993 180sx (240sx)

i have been on here a little bit and thought it was about time i started a build thread.

how it stands so far:
1993 180sx w/ redtop sr20det
Trust T518z turbo kit with larger 10cm housing for higher topend power
drift stainless manifold
greddy emanage blue management system
tanabe coilovers with greddy springs (8kg and 10kg)
greddy type m cooler and greddy piping
strutbraces front and rear
drift fatboy catback exhaust
stainless front pipe
stainless dump pipe
turbosmart boost controlelr
type x parkers with led globes
type x rear pods
350mm momo leather steering wheel
HID headlights
trust gear knob
autometer coblt boost/volt gauges
exedy heavy duty button clutch
blitz billet oil cap
drift blade bucket seats (exact same as r34 gtr)
harness on drives side
dba slotted rotos up front
blitz brake pads up from (great stopping power!)
blitz R-VIT
Blitz turbo timer
blitz sus pod filter
viper alarm with lcd screen and remote start
bosch 023 fuel pump
so far putting out 180.9 kw at the rear wheels

not much in the was of a stereo install as it will be seeing the rack so i didnt see the point in doing an install with subs and amp etc when they would have to be removed for the track anyway so i just have 6in pioneer kevlar speakers upfront w/ pioneer tweeters and a kenwood cd/mp3/dvd player with 7in fold out screen.

i am competing next month at winton so sometime in the next couple of weeks i have blitz 550cc injectors, a z32 afm, greddy rocker arm stoppers, greddy speed limiter cut controller, drift catchcan and oil cooler to go in then it will be ready to be tuned. it should make 250kw (335hp) at the wheels

Last edited:

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz
^^^^ slide or die bro but we all got our own sayins. Clean s13 man I almost bought a 92 with the weak ca18det $2000 just needed breaks an an alt but guy decided to keep it (thing was in amazing condition for a maine car nor rust or nothing). I'll prolly pick one up someday but unfortunetly it's looking like it'll be after the kid comes.

st.page

^^^^ slide or die bro but we all got our own sayins. Clean s13 man I almost bought a 92 with the weak ca18det $2000 just needed breaks an an alt but guy decided to keep it (thing was in amazing condition for a maine car nor rust or nothing). I'll prolly pick one up someday but unfortunetly it's looking like it'll be after the kid comes.
i have alot of respect for the ca18det. i have seen some put out some BIG numbers on the dyno and they can rev like a mofo :)

st.page

i booked my car in to get injectors, afm, speed cut controller and tune done on the 7th of september :) cant wait....

s10tuner86

I haz ecotechz
nice man good luck at the track :thumbsup:, and ya the ca18 can put out some decent numbers but aftermarket here is harder to find and the sr20 would have been a lil easier to maintain/mod here I live up in the middle of nowhere so all parts would have to be outsourced so shipping on everything ftl.

st.page

nice man good luck at the track :thumbsup:, and ya the ca18 can put out some decent numbers but aftermarket here is harder to find and the sr20 would have been a lil easier to maintain/mod here I live up in the middle of nowhere so all parts would have to be outsourced so shipping on everything ftl.
thanks mate! i can imagine parts might be a little difficult to come across.
my in car camera mount arrived today so hopefully i should have some good footage :thumbsup:

st.page

sway bars finally went in last night :) i also replaced the oil pressure switch and got a nasty surprise, the oil return line is split. i spoke to nissan today and they said there are none left in the county and i will have to wait 4-6 weeks to get one from japan, i am racing at winton in less than 2 weeks :S

Last edited:

David21

SLOW
Nice 180sx, i keep throwing around the idea of selling my 300zx and buying a 240sx or 180sx with an sr20

st.page

a good wash/colorsand/buff/wax x2 would do this car wonders.
nothing i can do about the paint. the previous owner had it resprayed and the douche at the panel shop put the clearcoat over scratches and swirls so no matter how much i wash wax/polish it wont get any better.

no too worried about it at the moment, the front bar is held on by cable ties after a little incident in the mountains a few months ago.

st.page

picked up my car from the tuners. made 195kw on 19lb of boost. wouldnt hold boost which sucks. worked out 2 silicone joiners are leaking so i will be replacing them tomorrow then if i have time i will be taking it back to get retune before saturday. hopefully this time i will crack 240kw.

st.page

not really a fan of the rims myself but as a first year apprentice money is a little tight right now. i am going for power before asthetics at the moment.

st.page

just got back from winton. had an amazing time even though i had a few hiccps along the way. on my first lap approaching the first corner i blew the intercooler piping but thats not a big deal and i had it fixed in time for the next session. session 2 went really well with no problems at all. car felt really good and smooth which i was very happy with. in the 3rd session on about lap 5 i think, i downshifted back to second as i approached the first corner and broke and engine mount which caused too much strain on the heater hose on the radiator and it snapped the snout on the radiator sending steam and water EVERYWHERE, so that was the end of my day. managed to get it fixed enough to get me home but i am now up for some new engine mounts, an alloy radiator and a swirl pot because temps for a little higher than i would have liked. i think i may have a hole in the comp cover due to the engine mount breaking so i will have to check that out too, fingers crossed there is no damage to the comp cover.

Last edited: